TM Desert Eagle leaky magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Desert Eagle leaky magazine

right guys, aquired a Desert Eagle which has a leaky mag. I've tried silicon oil, PTFE tape, and attempted to gas it, I can't hear the gas leaking, but when I gas it up and leave it for a while, it appears to leak.

Any ideas? I thought about replacing all the O-rings but not sure on which ones to get.

Jay
    Don't forget to submit feedback! http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php

Re: TM Desert Eagle leaky magazine

Have you isolated the point of the leak?

Comment

Tried silicon sealant?

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanNo2 View Post
        Have you isolated the point of the leak?
        it was the top half of the magazine, figured it was the oring that surrounded the edge of it, drenched it in silicone oil and wrapped it with some ptfe tape, while I can't here anything, it's leaked over night.

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
        Tried silicon sealant?
        not sealant no, just oil. Reckon that may help?

Comment

Works on all my ropey mags - perfectly. Get a good wad of it in there on the edges of the o-ring and use your best judgement in plugging any gaps. Squirt a "teeny little" bit of gas into it which will seat the silicon inside a bit. Then whack it on a luke warm radiator a bit to cure. Great thing about this is even if it doesn't work you can dismantle and peel off the old silicon.

Comment

Ahhhhhh that could work. Cheers bud, I'll get it a try

Comment

New o-rings maybe?

Comment

If it's coming from the top of the magazine then there's only two places that'll be causing it If you disassemble the magazine, there's the big chunky bit that detaches from the gas reservoir. On that piece sits the flow valve at the back and a big rubber square-shaped O-ring. I get leaky mags all the time 'cause I forget to gas them, so what I do is disassemble it down to those two parts and grease up the seals (the o-rings). If they're in good condition, just get some thick grease rather than a spray on it and wipe off the excess.

if your o-rings are frayed or broken however, you're gonna need some new ones. Can't suggest which size, but just get a pack of mixed ones and stretch one into the square shape

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak View Post
                  If it's coming from the top of the magazine then there's only two places that'll be causing it If you disassemble the magazine, there's the big chunky bit that detaches from the gas reservoir. On that piece sits the flow valve at the back and a big rubber square-shaped O-ring. I get leaky mags all the time 'cause I forget to gas them, so what I do is disassemble it down to those two parts and grease up the seals (the o-rings). If they're in good condition, just get some thick grease rather than a spray on it and wipe off the excess.

if your o-rings are frayed or broken however, you're gonna need some new ones. Can't suggest which size, but just get a pack of mixed ones and stretch one into the square shape
                  Yeah its that o ring I think :P ill drench it in silicon oil, i think I've got some grease lying around (might help to look really)...

I've had a quick Google for orings and found a selection at a place that doesn't exist :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ProfHappyCat Find out more about ProfHappyCat
                  Working...
                  X