Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW KP05 broken trigger disconnector tip

Hi,

I recently (2 weeks ago) had a problem with my KP05, the symptom for which was the slide sticking back after every shot. This just started happening out of the blue, and I initially thought it was a deformed leaf spring, as the hammer wasn't going back as far as usual and appeared to be catching on the slide. I stripped the gun to investigate, and as I was removing the leaf spring out fell a piece of metal - a bit of a clue there. I found the trigger disconnector (KJW 05 exploded diagram part 36) had broken in half.

From the internet, this would appear to be quite a common problem. Also from the internet, I got the impression that non KJW parts would not fit due to design differences. I found I could get a genuine part from airsoft tiger in HK, but wasn't keen due to one already having broken after not a whole lot of use. Here's the good news - I bought a third party 5KU steel disconnector from another HK supplier (cost £9.00, free postage, arrived in 9 days) & it fitted & works fine. I was dubious when I compared it against the original, because there were some apparent differences, but they were obviously not significant enough to cause a problem. The 5KU part is 5KU-GB288 described as being for TM Hi-Capa/1911/MEU. (Incidentally on a WE Hi-Capa exploded diagram the disconnector is part 39).

Thought I'd share this with the forum in case anyone comes up against the same issue.

Cheers.

added some pics. Silver is the original part (superglued back together for the comparison). Black is the 5KU.

23112014325.jpg23112014327.jpg
    Last edited by Aeromotion; 24 November, 2014, 20:46. Reason: Added images

About the Author

Collapse

Aeromotion Find out more about Aeromotion
Working...
X