Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all GBBR Gurus

Right here's a stab in the dark but i need some advice on the below,

I've recently purchased a G&G cm16 GBB version 1, great gbb m4 for the price, and took it for its first skirmish at the mall where i had too much fun. However i was wondering if anyone has any idea how to install some version of lock back when the mags are empty. I know the version 2 does this but i don't want to fork out on another GBB gearbox, so if anyone can point me in the right direction would be a great help.

Also im thinking of changing the plastic body to a metal one (personal preference really), does anyone know if i can use any tom, dick and harry receiver, or do i have to hunt for a G&G specific metal receiver?

One final question sometimes the mags dont feed when on automatic (although i rarely use this) is this from over filling the mags?

If anyone could help i'll put you on my list for donations if i win the lottery and buy you half a packet of jelly tots, thanks all!

Tracnav
    "Teamwork is best in combat, gives the enemy someone else to shoot at."

Re: calling all GBBR Gurus

As you say the lock back is only on the v2 gearboxes, you can upgrade to this gearbox but it is not compatible with v1 magazines so you will need to buy new mags and at £50 a pop that is pricey.

I use a systema sr-16 body on my GHK conversion and that works fine.

The feeding issues are unfortunately well documented on this GHK GBB platform, possible culprits are dirty magazine feeder channel, incorrectly assembled hop but most likely ambient temperature. At 20c my M4 causes feeding issues, 25c I can dump mags with no issues. As far as I can tell it truly is summer platform.

Good luck!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tracnav Like airsoft Find out more about tracnav
    Working...
    X