Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P m4 problems

Hi all,

Let me start by saying I'm a complete novice when it comes to gas blowback rifles. I have recently bought a second hand G&P m4 from this forum and it wasn't exactly how it was discribed with a few broken parts, I can live with that but what I can't figure out is why it will only fire on semi auto and usually needs re cocking after a few shots?? It was described as having a three round burst trigger but that doesn't appear to work on full auto, It'll fire one round then maybe two or three and then bed re cocking. I have noticed that there are no springs in the blowback unit or bolt assembly, is that normal??

Thanks in advance

Re: G&P m4 problems

I'm a tad confused here. At one point you say it will only fire on semi auto, then you say on full auto (well, burst fire), it'll fire "one round then maybe two or three"? As to springs, yes, there should be a return spring in the bolt that pulls the nozzle assembly back into battery when the bolt is to the rear.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't word the post very well but that's basically what happens on three round burst. Would I be better off putting the original trigger group back in ( it was provided with the gun )? I gave a good clean and re lube yesterday and seems to be working better on semi auto now. Would the absence of that spring have any effect on the full auto/3 round burst?

Comment

You'd need the spring for it to work on either semi or full/burst. It's easy to tell if the nozzle spring is OK. First, Remove the bolt from the gun and then pull the nozzle assembly forward an inch and release it. If it snaps back into place quickly then the spring is fine. If it's slow then it could either be a knackered spring, a damaged O ring or just a simple lack of lube on the O ring on the end of the nozzle assembly. As to the fire mech, i'm not a fan of the burst mechs. The one's i've messed with have been the typical of the crap that is the majority of RA-Tech's product line.

Comment

Thanks for that Heinz, there is no spring at all so I need to source one now from somewhere. I'm a bit annoyed that this gun is going to cost so much to get working when it was advertised as full working order. I didn't get it at all cheap and as soon as I opened the box I could see that the charging handle was broken and it needed a new receiver.

Comment

I would have been straight onto the seller to kick up a stink! If you've only had it a short period of time you should get on their case ASAP. As to the nozzle return spring, the usual HK suspects sell replacements or upgraded ones (G&P, ProWin etc etc)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jubjub Find out more about Jubjub
            Working...
            X