P226 & E2 Frame Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P226 & E2 Frame Differences

Hi Guys, would like some help with a new pistol build.

Looking at building a half Metal sig. At some point, it will have a guarder frame and possibly slide (Slide will only be for the summer!) installed. Looking at kits, there are many different ones, and apart from perhaps the colours (Cant tell if its the pictures causing it) I can't see much of a difference? Is the 2010 the newest version of all these kits?

Also, Looking at the standard 226 and the E2 kits, I can't see much difference either there, in the pictures they also have screw holes. One of the E2 kits I've seen is a nice dark grey rather than black, which I would prefer, if that could also be fitted with wood grips, even though its an E2 kit, that would be super.

As I've only ever dabbled with my WE 228 as a side toy, I don't know a huge amount about Sigs. Big change from Hi Capas!

Re: P226 & E2 Frame Differences

Also, are there any internal parts differences in the frame? If I were to buy an E2, but then a standard Guarder frame, would I have all the bits required to put it together?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

The differences are mostly in the screw holes. The E2 style frames aren't threaded and have a larger diameter hole for the grips to snap into, since there are no grip screws. This means you can't use wood grips on an E2 frame. E2 frames also have a couple of little threaded holes for a silver piece that screws on by the decocker. I'm not sure what this is, but the E2 frame has it while the normal one doesn't. It looks like Pro Win actually sell a set of parts to allow the use of standard 226 grips on an E2 frame, Google 'Pro-Win Grip Parts for P226E2 Kit Set' - this might be exactly what you need for a wood gripped E2.

I've been wanting to fit E2 grips to a WE P229, but so far haven't been able to find an E2 grip set available anywhere. I find the normal grips way too fat, while the E2s are perfect for me.

Comment

Okay. reason I ask is I want to get both. The build I'll do will have a Guarder normal lower. If all the parts required swap from an e2 back into a standard then that would be good. Despite needing new grips as well. But that silver piece is fairly important if I remember taking my 228 apart

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
          Working...
          X