Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Making marushin 8mm x cartridge revolvers accurate and ok with propane or propene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making marushin 8mm x cartridge revolvers accurate and ok with propane or propene

So I've had 2 anacondas and a raging bull..just love em.. but there accuracy is pretty hit and miss as well as a tendency to blow the gas reservoir seals off the valve if using propane or propelyne.

So I fixed both issues.. custom fabricated 8mm barrel and fitted a small portion of a maple leaf monster hop to the end of it that mates with the cylinder. This does make for a fixed hop but it works very well and very consistently in a straight line with 0.43s out to 100ft rather than all over the shop with the stock hop. Can post pics if anyone is interested.

As for the valve.. simple take the revolver apart and unscrew the valve assembly from the gas reservoir and carefully superglue the UNDERSIDE of the larger rubber o Ring to the valve. Basically high pressure gas causes the o ring to come away from the valve and then pistol vents gas and can't be filled.

Re: Making marushin 8mm x cartridge revolvers accurate and ok with propane or propene

Heres a picture of the barrel with the nub part of a maple leaf hop rubber cut down and glued on. Superglue suprisingly holds the rubber in place even at 320fps on 0.48s. Also note the OEM barrell has two holes drilled in the side.. no doubt to keep the FPS and power Japanese law friendly. Taping these up works well to get a bit more power without doing the whole custom barrell thing

Heres end on view of the hop rubber

Comment

Re: Making marushin 8mm x cartridge revolvers accurate and ok with propane or propene

But of a necropost but played a bit more with the revolver and used an rhop patch instead. Best thing I could have done ..every shot dead straight and accurate at at my local 25m range. Probably ok out to 40m I'd say

Comment

It's the same for all cartridge loaded guns ,the problem comes from the friction fit of the BB in the cartridge ,as the BB is fired out of the cartridge it picks up a random angled spin more often than not ,in order to correct it you need a long hop contact ,either flat hop or R hop but it needs to first stabilize the BB then give back spin as desired .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chaz_r33_gtr Find out more about chaz_r33_gtr
        Working...
        X