Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubricating GBB

Hi all,

So my first GBB has been a little dry since I got it, so I need to lube it up asap. I've had a bit of a google so I can understand the basics, but they seem to differ a bit in some of the details. I don't want to do anything stupid, so hopefully you good people can give me a definite answer on a few points:

1) Some people seem to say that you should never let lube get into the gas port (i.e. the bit that gas is squirted into by the magazine) because it can end up on your hop rubber. Others say that this is the most important thing to lube because you need to get to that side of the o-ring in the blowback chamber.

2) Similar to 1), I've heard some people say that some lube on the nozzle is important to minimise jams, but others say this can be transferred to the hop rubber by bbs.

3) Someone in one of the tutorials I watched said that you should NEVER use spray-on silicon oil. I can't see why this would be a problem though.

Can someone help me out with what I actually *should* be doing?

Cheers all!

Tom

Re: Lubricating GBB

Which GBB is it as some one may be able to point you at some thing more specific.

As to lube and the magazines. If you use green or another airsoft gas then you do not need to worry as the gas contains traces of silicon oil. If you're using propane then at the end of the day, empty the mag of gas and either fill with an airsoft one else press the gas release and spray some silicon oil inside, shake, then fill to pressurise. Reason for this is to stop the seals and rings from drying out.

Comment

Hi,

Well the particular gun is a Marui FN 5-7, but I'd be interested to know answers to the above questions on a more general level. Does it really vary gun-by gun whether you want to oil the nozzle and the little hole behind it?

To clarify, for 1) I'm not talking about the magazine itself, I'm talking about the hole in the blowback chamber in the slide, into which gas from the magazine goes when you fire. Appreciate the tip though! :-)

Cheers again,

Tom

Comment

For next to all gas guns, a dab of silicone grease on the little finger, smear it around inside the nozzle.

If it's a plastic marui gun, a light spray of silicone spray around the blowback unit.

If it's all metal, my favourite is frog pub, heat up the metal by leaving the parts on a radiator, apply loads of frog lube, leave it heated for an hour or so, wipe off excess with fingers, leave to cool, wipe off excess again

Comment

A touch on the piston head. Literally a drop of silicone oil.

Drop/quick spray on the fill/release valves on the mags.

As for the rest leave as is. Keep oil well away from the hop unit and barrel.

On my phone my spelling will suck

Comment

Sorry for the delay - been swamped with work. Thanks very much for your help, all. I also have a second hand USP which I've just stripped down and cleaned, and everything seems to have gone well. Now for the TM! :-D

Cheers again,

Tom

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fulliautomatix Find out more about Fulliautomatix
            Working...
            X