marushin randall advice propane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marushin randall advice propane

Ive recently purchased a maurshin randall, if i put 134a in in runs ok apart from very low powered ive read you can use propane on them but when i put propane in it wont fire i have to let say half the propane back out before it will work then as there is not as much pressure there, its no more powerful then the 134a , the only thing i can think is the propane is to much pressure for the hammer if so is there a mod to solve this ( just trying to get a little more fps)
    :-)

Re: marushin randall advice propane

you've nailed it, you need a stronger hammer spring (have fun with that)
    Or try a middle of the road gas like ultraair or predator ect?
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Cheers thought so, if i change it to a stronger spring is there anything else that will need upgraded to take the extra pressure from the spring

Comment

not that i know of, just check the working parts now and then.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Yes the hammer spring is the issue, I also drilled the hole out that the gas is delivered through which gave it a bit more punch. The issue you will undoubtedly come across though is leaking. Mine was ok on 144a, but using Abbey Ultra triggered an almost-irreparable leak. After months of trying to seal it, and many bottles of gas wasted, I finally sealed the whole thing with silicone sealant (permanently). It's held up well and it a good shooter, but it recently snapped part of it's loading piece so won't feed. One of my favorite guns, but it is delicate so be careful.

Comment

Ive allready gone over it and sealed up for extra strength, i have put a washer in the hammer spring to pack it out a bit and thats done the job ,now fires on propane and has alot more power :-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

croc1 Find out more about croc1
            Working...
            X