X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE GBB Scar

hay guys

i've just bought a WE Gbb Scar CQB.

out of the box, and weather depending the specs say it'll be shooting 420-460fps. way, WAY too hot for my local site (which is about 330), i'm not much of a gas expert but i've heard of a thing called an Npas that can limit the fps correct? (please do, if i'm wrong) and i'm looking to buy one and get it installed. the thing is, this'll be my first GBB rifle. and i've no idea what i'm doing. i'm pretty knowledgeable with GBB sidearms but rifles i'm guessing are a whole diffrent ball game.

can anyone help me, point me to what i need to know. what parts i need ect?

Also, on a side-note i'm looking for an EGLM for it, i have had experience with neither an AEG scar or GGB scar before and so dont know what eglm fits what, does anyone know of a specific eglm that'll work on a WE GBB scar?

the ammunition input is 5.52 (i think, basically m4 mags) if thats any help.

cheers all, thanks for the help in advance.

- Chris, :D

Re: WE GBB Scar

Forgot to ask aswell; is it possible to change the pistol grip with an m4 grip. just to make it a little more custom? if you know please let me know. cheers all and thanks :D

Comment

Hi dx.

Firstly, the NPAS kit - you have indeed heard correctly, it can be used to alter the FPS your GBB will fire at, I believe something like 120FPS up to 450+FPS. There's a number of reliable suppliers who sell it and I think there's one for sale in the for sale section on these forums as well. Firstly, the installing part is VERY easy and all you'll really need is maybe a screw driver which you might need to use to help you remove the rod housing and some thread lock (see further on) oh and some silicon oil to lube it all up afterwards. Secondly, and although this is really up to you I do say this from experience, when you buy an NPAS kit ensure you get one which will replace the whole unit which is, the valve (which is not optional as this is what the NPAS will be replacing anyway) and the rod housing (part #64 - in the stock WE Scar it is black) with a stainless steel one. I found this stock part to be really weak so instead of having to mess about with it later it's far easier to replace the whole thing (otherwise it's a pain taking the whole thing apart for the bits you need to put onto the NPAS valve). Thankfully the place I brought my NPAS kit from sold the whole thing as a package so you didn't have to try buy them from all over the place (again, there's a guy selling the two versions of the NPAS kits for the WE Scar on these forums).
      If you send me a PM and I will forward links to a video to you which will show you how to install the kit and I can forward the name of the place where I brought mine from. Only other thing you will need is something like threadlock because once you screw the rod into the valve it can come loose from the friction of the gun being fired so a little threadlock (or similar) is essential to keep it in place.

As for the EGLM I'm afraid I have no idea which makes are compatible with which models to be honest but the last EGLM I had seen advertised on a site (where I brought my VFC Scar) came with attachments to enable it to be mounted to both the Scar-L version and the Scar-H version. I'm afraid I can't offer much help on the pistol grip part either as I've no experience on that front.
      Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
      Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

WE scar can take m4 grips even RS ones
        Sale
        Stuff for sale
        Want
        M93R stock, G&G M93R compensator, G&P URX II mid rail system

Comment

Alright mate,
          Just a quick few pointers!

The NPAS can be used to lower the FPS but the 300fps valve is worth looking at also..

secondly for god sake loctite the valve onto the rod.. then the brass piece into the assembly.. it will gradually work its way loose and smash up in the gun.. happend to me!

Also the hinge plates are prone to snap.. alot less likely if your running propane/green gas though

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
            Alright mate,
            Just a quick few pointers!

The NPAS can be used to lower the FPS but the 300fps valve is worth looking at also..

secondly for god sake loctite the valve onto the rod.. then the brass piece into the assembly.. it will gradually work its way loose and smash up in the gun.. happend to me!

Also the hinge plates are prone to snap.. alot less likely if your running propane/green gas though

Chandler

300FPS valve? I wasn't aware of this... it widely available? Might actually come in really handy especially since adjusting is a pain and 300fps seems a safe bet at a site limit thats 344fps.
            Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
            Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

the newer vesions dont have problems and i hope yours is a new version. i have the kit installed and its brill but you do need it. clean the inside of the recievers as they can cluog up after a while , dont blank them too much, use anying above .25's or they just wont go straight and get lots of mags

Comment

I belive that the EGLM is RIS mounted, to it should fit onto any SCAR, just make sure you get the right size one. You said 5.52, im guessing you mean 5.56mm (STANAG), so get the one for the SCAR-L

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                  I belive that the EGLM is RIS mounted, to it should fit onto any SCAR, just make sure you get the right size one. You said 5.52, im guessing you mean 5.56mm (STANAG), so get the one for the SCAR-L
                  yeah sorry meant 5.56, i'll take a look at nade launchers after the Scar comes.

cheers for the replies all, there much appriciated as i've little clue on what i'm doing lol.

everyone been talking about valves, but whats are the technical names for them? as WE gas valves dont give that many good search results when googled lol. the 300limiter sounds good. is thaty 300 in all weathers or for example if it was a cold day would the gas have an effect of say 260fps ect, or does it always stick to 300? certainly sounds brilliant but i'de like to keep it relitively high, as i live in cumbria and its mostly always cold lol. so a 300limiter would be perfect if it stuck to 300, and didn't drop in cold weather.

that said if it does drop the other kind of valve may be better as i can adjust for wether i'm playing in.

cheers for the replies all, here highly appreciated.

Comment

VFC EGLM will fit right on, apparently.

Ben.

Comment

Just google WE 300fps Valve.. i think its actually for an M4 but mine fits fine.
                      Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Hay guys,

i found a bunch of precision barrels for the WE gbb series (made by RA tech) and found their 363mm FOR M4/HK416 does anyone know if RA Tech barrels made for the WE M4 will be compatable with the Scar? as i'm interested in getting a silencer put on to extend the inner barrel. that is of-course. if i can find an inner barrel that works lol. any suggestions?

cheers all.

Comment

nobody know? if you do please let me know lol.
                          cheers all.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                            X