Tippman m4 rof issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tippman m4 rof issues

I have one serial no 550 which I have been trying to get slightly higher rof but seems to only work reliably at around 5-8 rps.

I can turn the adjustment slightly in and get 9-10 rps but it starts to fire in random bursts anything from a two round burst to a long burst then it will stop, once I release the trigger and press again it will fire another burst. I have been told there may be details on a facebook tippman group page to a better way to adjust the rof by shimming the trigger unit but I can`t find any info on it anywhere else and I am not on facebook.

I have also read that tippman are supposed to be releasing a different trigger unit to fix this issue which I assume is true as on there website they state the adjustment is now different for models serial number 1167 and on.

Also I noticed on mine that when chronoing with 0.2s I have it chronoing at 315-320 fps in semi but when testing the rps in full auto the fps drops to 260 fps. It only seems to lose about 10fps when chronoing with 0.28s but it does seem to be chronoing lower in full auto than semi. I haven`t noticed a drop when test firing so wether this is an error in the chrono due to full auto I am not sure but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Re: Tippman m4 rof issues

hi how are you getting on with your tippman issues, i have sorted mine out its quite easy
    cheers

Comment

What did you do to sort yours out?

Comment

the lower fps in full auto will be if youre using unregulated gas, as the pressure drops the fps will in airsoft terms "cooldown effect" when you say losing 10 fps to you mean relatively, or in literal terms? i.e 320 fps with .2 and 310 fps with .28, cause that is energy creep from the heavier bb as the gas expands, giving you hire energy rating, and thus more fps. if it was 310 fps equivilent with .2 when using a .28, maybe there is not enough gas released from the mag, but i havent a clue.

Comment

The tippman is using external hpa so cooldown is not the issue.

What I am saying is that when chronoing with 0.2`s in semi auto it is chronoing at 320 fps but when you fire full auto through the chrono it is chronoing at around 260 fps. Chronoing with 0.28`s isn`t just as bad as it is chonoing at around 290 with 0.28s in semi but around 280 in full auto. Not sure if this is a issue with the chrono not reading the fps correctly in full auto or if there is some sort of air leak when the valve is opening for full auto that doesn`t happening in semi.

It could just be that the chrono isn`t reading the full auto properly as it seems to shooting fine in both semi and full auto and I can`t see any noticeable power drop when shooting but on the other hand I can chrono my tm mp7 on hpa and it doesn`t have this issue as both semi and full auto fire the same fps and considerable more consistant fps than the tippman.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

you can`t shoot me Find out more about you can`t shoot me
          Working...
          X