Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE M9 questions

Hi all,

I recently bought a second hand WE M9 from the classifieds, so I can learn the basics of GBB workings without risking my nicer/rarer guns. I've taken it to pieces entirely, and got it back together again without anything left over, so that's step 1 down!

However, it has a few quirks that I'm trying to sort out, but can't quite get my head around. I appreciate it's a long shot, but I'm hoping someone here will be able to give me a few pointers based on their own experience. So here are the things I can't work out:

(1) The slide lock is held against the frame by the left handle scale. Neither the scale nor the slide lock seem to be worn down, but still with an empty mag in the gun sometimes the mag follower slips inside of the pin of the slide lock, pushing the slide lock outwards (rather than upwards to lock the slide). I had presumed that this was a case of the mag followers having worn down enough to make a ramp for the pin of the slide lock, but they look like they're in decent condition.

(2) With the gun fully assembled, the outer barrel can move about 4mm relative to the slide and inner barrel. I'm sure that's not supposed to happen but I can't work out what's supposed to stop it. I've looked at the parts diagram from a manual online and I don't seem to have anything missing, and I can't see any signs of damage. The outer barrel is threaded though - might it be an aftermarket barrel that doesn't quite fit right?

(3) Speaking of the parts diagram, can someone tell me what the spring running below the hop up chamber (part number 58) is for? As far as I can work out it just sits compressed the whole time by the prong of the recoil spring guide rod.

(4) The locking lugs, which would move up and down to lock/unlock the barrel to the slide in the real steel gun, have a little spring to pivot them upwards, but they don't move high enough to ever actually pivot. I can't see any signs of damage or anything which looks like it would stop them moving up (or which would let the barrel move down relative to the slide), but then I figure WE wouldn't bother making them spring-loaded if they weren't supposed to move like in the real steel.

And finally (I warn you now - this one is very difficult to explain without drawings or any idea of what the various parts are called):

(5) If you rack the slide without the trigger pulled, at the point where the slide pushes the tab of the trigger bar downwards, the slide becomes very stiff. I'm pretty sure that it's because the surface of the underside of the hammer which pushes the trigger bar to move the trigger to single-action position, is angled underneath the part of the trigger bar projects into the frame. So, when the slide pushes the trigger bar down, the trigger bar and that surface of the hammer are dragged across each other (if you apply enough force to the slide, the trigger bar is cammed forward, which lets it move down so that the slide can keep going). It looks to me like I could fix it just by filing down the rear surface of the part of the trigger bar which projects into the frame (i.e. the surface which the underside of the hammer touches). However, I don't want to remove material only to find that it disrupts a different function of the gun. This stiffening effect *doesn't* happen when the slide is cycling with the trigger pulled, because the trigger bar is further forward on the frame, but strangely enough when the gun is firing the slide only moves back to the same point as it gets stiff when the trigger *isn't* pulled. :-S

Sorry for the essay, but any help would be much appreciated! :-)

Thanks all,

Tom

Re: WE M9 questions

Maybe the world's first non-sales BUMP!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fulliautomatix Find out more about Fulliautomatix
    Working...
    X