WE GBB M4 Problem? NEED HELP FAST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE GBB M4 Problem? NEED HELP FAST.

Okay, so ive had my WE GBB M4 (the closed bolt version) for awhile now and ever since i got it, it started it would only fire if i did a few things...Let me explain what i have to do to enable it to fire...
    So i have to put the gun into semi, charge the handle, put it back into safe fire, put the mag in, and then charge it again, and then back into semi to fire it.
    If i just put the mag in and charge the handle it wont shoot? It just feeds a bb into the chamber and no gas is projected?
    Can someone please tell me how to fix this?!
    Also, i never had a GBBR before, so i was wondering if this is normal...When it is decocked and in Safety, it wont let me pull the charging handle back and then the fire selector gets stiff and takes abit of force to move. It only cocks back if i put it into semi? But thinking about the real steel, you should be able to put a round in the chamber where ever its in safety or not, why would it matter?
    Thanks alot

Re: WE GBB M4 Problem? NEED HELP FAST.

Best bet forget about trying to make the Closed Bolt system working properly. Spend the £80 - £100 or so and convert it to Open Bolt. Then it will work properly and be pretty reliable.

When it is not cocked you should not be able to put the safe on, doing so will damage the internals, this is the same for the real steel. You can only put the safety on when it is cocked.

Comment

When you pull the bolt back the firing pin should completely recess into the trigger box. If it doesn't it can prevent the release valve in the mag from being depressed fully. Easiest way to check is to charge it without a magazine and check if the pin fully retracts. For some reason I have to do this with the first shot but every shot after that is fine.

Comment

As stargate said, you should only ever put the rifle on safe when the hammer is cocked. On the real thing (and WA pattern ARs) you can't physically set it to safe without it being cocked, however you can on the WE AR (and other guns that use the same trigger pack). So just leave it off safe unless it's got one in the pipe. Probably best not to leave it cocked for extended periods of time so you can put it on safe, sears tend not to like that sort of behaviour (on real guns as well as airsoft guns).

As polarblair said, the firing pin should completely retract into the housing. However it doesn't on yours by the sounds of things, and it certainly doesn't on the WE scar I'm working on at the moment (same trigger pack and mags).

When you place a magazine in an un-cocked WE rifle the valve knocker is pushed upwards and rests on top of the valve head. On cocking the weapon the valve knocker is retracted into the trigger pack, if your valve knocker is too long (or your valves have naff o-rings, or your valves aren't screwed all the way in) then it cannot drop down in line with the valve, remaining on top of it. Then when you pull the trigger the valve knocker simply shoots forward and slams home against thin air

Best way to ID the problem is to try fitting your magazine to the stripped lower and see how the firing pin interacts with the mag.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

On the safety aspect it is the same for near enough all AR partern GBBRs, inc WE.

Sorry for not mentioning the above! I just believe the Closed Bolt system is a total failure.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WELSH_DRAGON_AIRSOFT Find out more about WELSH_DRAGON_AIRSOFT
          Working...
          X