Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBBR build budget

So long story short,

I've got a £450 budget and want a good GBBR rifle . I was tempted by the WE series but after owning one and having to replace nearly all the internals after 3k rounds, I'm a bit put off.

I was going to get a WA series GBBR, but I've heard they aren't brilliant either and are harder to get parts for.....so I'm left toying with the idea of getting a GHK M4.

I've got a GHK G5 and have been over the moon with it, loads of parts available, mags are great, performance is great.

I want to know, is it worth getting a GHK M4? Are they as good as the other GHK series and are parts just as easy to source?
    The clown has no penis

Re: GBBR build budget

Originally posted by Hef legend View Post
    I was going to get a WA series GBBR, but I've heard they aren't brilliant either and are harder to get parts for...
    WA-pattern M4s have by far the best aftermarket of any GBBR; older, more varied, and more complete than WE's. The WA platform is also more realistic than the WE inside, and out if it's an extended-WA gun like a Prime/Bomber, Inokatsu, ViperTech or Iron Airsoft. However, the WA platform is also very old and was designed to be built out of plastic components and fired with 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane ('duster gas', 'R-134a'). Rebuilding the entire gun out of steel and aluminium and trying to propel it with propane or CO2 makes it finicky to tune (though it'll run well when tuned) and tuning can be expensive and complex.

I want to know, is it worth getting a GHK M4? Are they as good as the other GHK series and are parts just as easy to source?
    Yes, the GHK M4 is basically the most advanced version of the WA M4 platform, and it is excellent - as good as the G5, if not better. The aftermarket isn't quite as developed yet - the gun's not been out that long - but you can buy literally every part of the gun individually from GHK's official retailer, who I can't name but you'll be able to find with rapid Googling. That is as good as a strong aftermarket. The GHK is also compatible with GHK's excellent propane and CO2 magazines, which can be very easily altered (unscrewing a blanking bolt, and screwing in a fill valve) to be refilled with liquid CO2 from a paintball bottle - making the gun almost impervious to cooldown and cold weather as well as much, much cheaper to shoot.

Comment

GHK's Gen 1 M4's weren't great (i've fixed a fair few), but the Gen 2 is significantly improved - still not *perfect* though as it's a variant of the WA design, not that much more evolved from the original really. When it comes to GBBR's it's not a case of what's best, it's a case of which has the fewest flaws, and the GHK (of the M4 variants) is about the best of the M4 bunch, unless you want to do silly stuff to it when ViperTech's bolt has some distinct advantages. Spares support is excellent for the GHK.

Comment

I was tempted by the WE series but after owning one and having to replace nearly all the internals after 3k rounds, I'm a bit put off.
        Just interested to know which bits specifically!?! Just bought one myself and can't decide whether to go Ra Tech or leave everything OEM. I'm erring on the side of the latter currently..
        Last edited by muzzleflash; 6 April, 2015, 16:04.

Comment

WE are hit and miss, i personally have changed all my internals to RA Techs, but some say Oem parts will last fine..its all to you..
          Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Ordered a GHK M4, managed to get it new for £400 xD can't wait to get it.
            The clown has no penis

Comment

Probs bit late now but I messed round with agm and wa based m4s..I've settled on kwa lm4..all steel internals bolt and trigger group. Only dodgy bit is the hop..lots of you tube vids on how to make it better..I just rhop'ed mine for fixed bb weight in the end

Comment

KWA? Decent performer once you've swapped out the decidedly sub-standard Hop-up unit and carried out the power-stroke and double-feed mods. Still hate the design of the three piece upper receiver though. I mean, three piece receiver in this day and age?

Comment

Yup exactly..but overall build quality and steel internals go a long way.. but obviously needs to shoot accurately too!! the hop is pretty poor I tried guarder hops maple leaf hops and in the end just rhop'd it. I also tapped and put grub screws in the brass barrel collar that's part of the hop. Tho was because the barrel can rotate a littlefrom vibration of shooting causing the hop to apply spin at an angle causing arcing to left or right.

Comment

I loved my KWA MKM. Quite accurate (to a point, liked Guarder 0.28g beebs but then "good accuracy and consistency are fairly subjective at the best of times), didn't suffer too badly from cool-down on extended use and was rather solid. Shame I had to sell it on really!

Comment

KC02

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hef legend Been playing airsoft in and around Sussex for about 5 years, I'm quite into my sniping and enjoy having a decent skirmish Find out more about Hef legend
                      Working...
                      X