Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Building a custom Hi-Capa but I don't know where to start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a custom Hi-Capa but I don't know where to start!

Afternoon everyone, let me start this with a bit of background: I love the look of the "classic" 1911 - no rails, straight barrel with bushing, closed recoil plug, simple sights, maybe some front serrations on the slide. However, I hate the magazines.

So I'd quite like to build a Hi-Capa that looks as much like a 1911 as possible in terms of style. To that end I'm aiming for a 1911 slide, straight barrel, bushing, novak sights and potentially a rail-less 1911 style frame.

I'll be basing all of this on the KJW KP-05 for several reasons:
    1) CO2 mag
    2) The Tanio Koba grip already looks excellent
    3) I like KJW Hi-Capas.

The problem I've run into is that I know next to nothing about Hi-Capas, and I have no idea which manufacturers make the parts I am after. So far I've only found bull-barrel style aftermarket 1911 slides that aren't accompanied by a frame (which I won't be needing). I am aware that some fettling will be required to get a 1911 slide working on a hi-capa

If anyone can recommend manufacturers of parts, or the names of parts that would help me that would be great. Obviously no links to other manufacturers, I'll just ask ZeroOne to import them to me from *the magic airsoft forest* (not).
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
Working...
X