Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui G18C Problem

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and recently got back into airsoft after a 4 or so year hiatus.

I just (yesterday) acquired a brand new TM G18c and it was shooting like a dream until after just 300-400 rounds in the slide won't cycle properly. When I cock the gun with a magazine in I notice that the loading nozzle takes a good few seconds to return to its normal position from a forward position where it is basically blocking the magwell. This prevents cycling of anything other than the first shot as the slide gets stuck in a sort of 'half locked-back' position. The best way of describing it is that the loading nozzle is almost moving in slow motion back to its normal position in the gun.

Can anyone give me any pointers of where I should go from here? Is it likely to be an easy fix (that I would be able to do myself) or has something fundamentally broken in the gun already?

Would really appreciate some feedback at this time as I'd just gone out to save up some cash and treat myself to a TM pistol (being under the impression that they were the most reliable) and then this happens

Cheers

Re: Tokyo Marui G18C Problem

Take the slide off, remove return spring and barrel, and see if the nozzle returns when you pull it out by hand. It could be stiff from lack of lubrication, or the tab that compresses the spring inside has snapped. Other than that it could be a bent trigger bar or broken hammer sear (the G18c has two sears, one of them can cause jams), but first look at the nozzle.

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply mate.

I have already removed the slide, and the nozzle does exactly the same thing when I move it by hand (it returns back to its original position as if in slow motion).

Comment

Ok, that's good. It means that the nozzle is all intact, but the spring is either bent/distorted, or it's just too dry. Have you got any lubricant? The nozzle/piston assembly needs to have some lubrication for smooth operation, every month or so I pull the nozzle forward and put a few drops of silicone oil on the piston seal, which the nozzle rides over. The nozzle should spring back quickly with little resistance once lubricated. If it still doesn't, then the next step is to remove the blowback unit from the slide (More complex on the 18c than on the 17 annoyingly) and inspect the spring inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
          Ok, that's good. It means that the nozzle is all intact, but the spring is either bent/distorted, or it's just too dry. Have you got any lubricant? The nozzle/piston assembly needs to have some lubrication for smooth operation, every month or so I pull the nozzle forward and put a few drops of silicone oil on the piston seal, which the nozzle rides over. The nozzle should spring back quickly with little resistance once lubricated. If it still doesn't, then the next step is to remove the blowback unit from the slide (More complex on the 18c than on the 17 annoyingly) and inspect the spring inside.
          Wow you sir are fantastic- I am extremely grateful.

Applied some silicon lube to the mechanism and still noticed when I pulled it back that it had sped up somewhat but would only slide quickly if I did not pull back a full stroke. Well, lo and behold I ran it through the gun again and BAM! everything works perfectly. I just want to say a big thank you and really appreciate the sound and detailed advice- keep it up dude!

Oli

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

oling Find out more about oling
          Working...
          X