Pistol Boffins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Boffins

Ok guys in need of some help. I have just purchased a Browning Hi Power. reallyt sweet gun , actually lovely. brings back some fond memories. but anyway back to subject at hand.

I have 3 working mags, all hold gas but when load i get 2 shots off before they start venting gas. i have tested the mags and know it ainty them. we all know the browning wont fire unless a mag is fitted so i cannot strip it and insert a mag to fire to see if there is a problem with the unit on the back. i have given it a little grease and have cleaned it all , has maybe let me get 1 or 2 more shots but still no avail as to it letting me continue to fire. any help on this , even a broken down idiot guide would be ever so helpful.

cheers in advance

Re: Pistol Boffins

This might be a stupid question but what temperature are you using it at?

Stargazer

Comment

Although you say you have tested the mags have you tried a little silicon oil on the flow valve. I have had pistols in the past that have vented after a few shots due to the valve sticking. Remember that the only way the gas can escape from the mag is for the valve to be open so this is your main point of interest. It may not be sticking it may be the valve striker but either way it must be the valve if gas is escaping.

Comment

By the sounds of it the release valve is sticking when the hammer hits! so take the seals out and give them a good soaking in silicon really get the action smooth as silk.

should help.

Thanks.

Comment

Cheers , i will try strip it down and do that. will try out tomz. im using it in room tempreture and its hot in here. this is such a sweet piece of kit.

Comment

try pushing the magazine up into the magwell when you fire. it may be a mag catch issue
            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

what Browning Hi power is it? Tanaka?
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Try changing your gas I had the same problum and used diffrent gas and it worked fine no ider why as it was supposed to be thenright gas for the gun
                why so serious

Comment

Originally posted by mgaraveb View Post
                  Try changing your gas I had the same problum and used diffrent gas and it worked fine no ider why as it was supposed to be thenright gas for the gun
                  Id agree with the gas idea, i was using one brand of gas in my hicapa and it was drying out all my seals. The flow valves on the mags started to stick in, causing the gas to vent when i fired a few shots.

if you have the empty mag in your hand try pushing the little valve on the top end of the back of the mag. it should move freely and not slowly.

if it does seem to be moving a bit slow take it out and give the seals a good soak in silicon, if your not confident in taking them out push the valve in and spray silicon down through the gas router at the top of the mag.

this should help free it up and solve the problem.

Comment

tried using green and propane, both still same, i think i might know whats wrong, after taking top slide off , i was pulling and the bit at the back thats i think is where the air flow . however when i pull at the but its very tight in coming out and doesnt retract quickly. so my dilema is how to strip all that down to clean it all and instructions on where scres are etc

Comment

It must be a Tanaka HP and i'm afraid they're well known for this problem. To be blunt they are absolute crap and i've never heard of anyone making these thing skirmishable. I'm waiting for WE to release their version.
                      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

ok, new problem. managed to strip gun down, as i was stripping the back unit fell out , have greased the unt up , but my problem is i had a a length of metal. abot 6 cm with a hole on middle and a small strut pin, my dilema is i cannit seem to find where it goes. unit doesnt fit properly now either where can i download an instruction manual i know there is a place i just cant remember the web address any help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bangyourdead Find out more about bangyourdead
                        Working...
                        X