Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE L85A2 Pressure Issue

Originally posted by chaz_r33_gtr View Post
    Yeah good point fps is pretty high....maybe nozzle is cracked more at the front and despite the rocket valve moving forward it's not sealing and allowing too much gas down the barrel. Sounds likely if there has been lots of smashed bbs going on.
    I think this is what's going on - while I had the nozzle out, I tested the spring on that valve and it seemed to be rubbing pretty hard - almost grating - against the inside of the nozzle. The engineer at my place is a top guy, pretty sure I've left the gun in good hands.

Comment

I wonder if the spring is just way too strong on the floating valve? Wouldn't surprise me to be honest.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
        I wonder if the spring is just way too strong on the floating valve? Wouldn't surprise me to be honest.
        Sounds like that's the issue. Still don't get why it vents so fast though. I know gas guns mags get cold but it shouldn't be after 3-4 shots, should it?

Comment

The way gas guns work it by redirecting gas 2 ways inside the nozzle, once the bb has been launched the nozzle blows back and cuts off the gas flow by de-pressing the hammer causing the valve knocker to move back into firing position, keep in mind this happens so quickly.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by call of legend View Post
            The way gas guns work it by redirecting gas 2 ways inside the nozzle, once the bb has been launched the nozzle blows back and cuts off the gas flow by de-pressing the hammer causing the valve knocker to move back into firing position, keep in mind this happens so quickly.
            I see - so it looks like far too much gas is going forward, not enough backwards to drive the bolt and so the valve knocker is never released from the magazine. All comes down to the rocket valve within the nozzle not sealing properly!

Comment

This is the best video I have found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HkiIVmiZv0

Even though its about a pistol the idea is still exactly the same just with some of the parts changed in design and on a bigger scale.
              sigpic

Comment

you should get in talk to this person https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJt...ji1Q3TzeWUaN_A on youtube he owns and works on his L85a2 a lot he says i think i one of he's vids he dose some tech work on GBB rifles and pistols he might be able to help you out

Comment

Ed (Bullet4myenemy) is on this forum but rarely uses it, best to go to his one for help on this if you wish to ask him
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X