TM 1911 Mags leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM 1911 Mags leaking

High guys, I bought a new TM 1911 and a spare mag to go with it, I was able to use the new mag once and now it leeks out of the inlet valve. I have tried silicone on the O-ring, tightening the screws but the leak persists and I now have no idea what to do. Any ideas?

Re: TM 1911 Mags leaking

Is this a legitimate leak or just a distinct hissing when you fill it? TM mags do let out a fair bit of gas on filling. Also, are you certain it's from the inlet valve and and not from around the base? TM 1911 mags are notorious for leaking from there. Use an allen key to unscrew the base bolt and remove the 'square o-ring'. Leave it to soak in silicone overnight and replace it. When you put it back together make sure to do up that bolt nice and tightly.

Oh also watch for the spring and follower coming out of the base when you remove it, and the two pins that hold the two parts of the base together (they can sometimes be loose and are rather small).

If it really is from the inlet valve and you're certain of this, then try some Teflon/PFTE tape (rolls of this can be had for about 80p from any hardware shop) around the screw threads of the inlet valve. That should produce a better seal. Also ensure that you're soaking the o-rings over a decent period of time and not just spraying/applying it to them then replacing them immediately.

If the problem continues then remove the inlet valve and unscrew the head of it; there should be a very small spring and o-ring in there. Just soak that o-ring in silicone too.
    Last edited by Proffrink; 13 June, 2015, 22:34.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TrainsCDG Find out more about TrainsCDG
    Working...
    X