New wave Mp7 / Smg8 part 50 broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wave Mp7 / Smg8 part 50 broken

So ive really been enjoying my new wave small rice mp7 and put a good few thousand rounds through it by an internal piece part 50 has broken. Anyone else had this and know where I can source one? Looked at the z parts steel internal kit but it does all bits except part 50 😭. Part 50 is the bit that holds in place the valve knocker and resets it when the bolt blows back. Without it the gun doesn't fire unless you sshove a finger in the mag well and push the valve knockers back ready to strike the mag valve on the first shot. Then it will only fire once and the bolt just bounces back and forth a little till all the gas is used from the mag.

Very annoying and for a part that takes the brunt of the bolt flying back into it its a very thin weak looking bit that should be made out of stronger material...grrr...

Re: New wave Mp7 / Smg8 part 50 broken

Should add that I was using propene / mapp gas in the gun which it's not designed for......😏

Comment

Did you manage to source and change this part? I've got similar problems with mine

Comment

I had some made in nylon 66 and they work pretty well. Had over 3000 rounds through since and it's not broken. They cost a bit as such small run. Pm me if you want one for a few quid

Comment

I've got one on the way, I'm more interested in how to replace it, my googlefu has let me down, I can strip the trigger mech out of the body but can't find any vids of breaking it down to replace the part

Comment

Ahh it's not to bad to do basically push out the pins holding the internals inside. Starting at the breach and working towards back end. The firing pin and two silver pieces. Come out plus the hammer and then the hammer. What's left held in is the broken part 50. Use a small Allen key to push out the pin holding part 50 in place. Push it from the inside of trigger mechanism..it is a bit tight then part 50 can be removed and replaced. There's a tiny spring underneath it be careful not to lose it! Then slowly put it all back together. If I find time I can do a quick video of it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chaz_r33_gtr Find out more about chaz_r33_gtr
            Working...
            X