Venting problem I havnt seen before.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venting problem I havnt seen before.

Im fixing up a KJ works glock for a friend and its having an issue I havn't seen before (although its more than likely a common or easy to fix fault).

When dry firing the pistol cycles fine and operates as usual. When bbs are used the slide cycles once without sticking, vents all the gas, and only fires the first shot that was loaded into the chamber. Somes times the slide doesnt cycle and it just vents the gas and others it will fire a single shot fine and then on the second just vent all the gas.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by tisane
    Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Re: Venting problem I havnt seen before.

What bbs? And does it happen with all the mags?

Comment

It only has one mag with it and I dont run a glock so can't test it with any of mine. I think the bbs he left in the mag were bulldogs, I tried crossman 0.25g in it and that when I managed to get a single shot off fine then the second one vented, going to try it with blasters when i got home from work. Barrel is clean, slide seems fluid enough.

Comment

Probably a problem with the nozzle then. With a mag full of rounds, slowly cycle the slide backwards and forwards, and see if the nozzle raises excessively. If damaged, it can stall on picking up bbs on the way back, and if at the right time can leave the valve open a little longer. Same if it's sticking on the feed lips on the way back too

Comment

Cheers, will check when I'm home.

Comment

Pull the slide back slow, looking at the nozzle through the ejection port, see if it comes away from the hop easily.

Check the mag valve, make sure is moving free and lube if needed.
            KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thunderfury Find out more about Thunderfury
            Working...
            X