Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic gbbr operation

hello,

I've had a WE m4 gbbr for ages and have never been able to play with it due to one problem after another :P

finally getting to the end of the issue fixing and realize i have a fairly fundamental question about operation....

Ok so mag out, bolt forward, pull the trigger the hammer clicks forward.

Pull the charging lever and the trigger locks back ready to pull again.

Load empty but gassed mag and pull trigger, gun fires and bolt locks back - pulling trigger does nothing

Take mag out and put another empty one in, press bolt release and bolt moves forward, pull trigger and gun fires and bolt locks back

rinse and repeat.

So my question is, what is the charging handle really for?

Re: Basic gbbr operation

Wasn't this debated on another thread recently...... Anyhow....

What if your bolt was forward and you pulled trigger with no mag in to get rid of all spring tension in bolt and trigger group. .....Then few days later put a gassed mag in with bbs? . How do you think you would load the 1st bb and at same time set the trigger ready to fire..............?

Comment

its a replica of a real steel firearm

and like above the rifle isnt double action
      Revision Sawfly Tactical/Safety Glasses £15 Free shipping
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-Free-shipping
      Feedback
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=128914

Comment

yea i get how in a very few circumstances i would need it to pull the bolt back - but since since never skirmished with a gbbr before and since my experience with this thing is doing even the slightest thing wrong will break it all to hell, I just wanted to make sure that in normal operation i am in fact not supposed to use the handle much?

case in point, when i first got it i thought i had to pull it each and every time i loaded a mag, only discovered my mistake when the bolt jammed and upon opening it i found a horror scene of manged bbs all around the barrel.

- - - Updated - - -

and while were at it, is that just a thing for this gun only, or is it a all WE gbbrs thing, or is it a any gbbr in general regardless of make?

Comment

That mangled bb thing shouldn't be happening..if you change mag release bolt catch and then cycled the bolt via the charging handle all that should happen is next bb gets chambered correctly and the bb that was already in the barrel get pushed forward and roll out of the front of the barrel. Sounds like your gun has a feeding issue if that's happening

Comment

I.e feeding issue if it's mangling bbs

Comment

hmmm, ill have a look - its had all manner of work done since that happened so may have inadvertently fixed it

Comment

The point of the charging handle is as in the above posts but what hasn't be mentioned is the satisfaction you get from racking it back and clambering that first round, you can rack an aeg charging handle but it just isn't the same.

P.s when buying a gun read the manual or download a manual if bought secondhand.
                KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

well, good news is that there is no feed problem :D

bad news is that the bbs do not roll down the barrel, there are now an unspecified number sitting in the barrel and i cant find my rod to clear them. Common sence is telling me firing the gun with multiple bbs in the barrel would be a bad thing :P

gona have to turn my place upside down till i find something to push em out with lol

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by theagitater View Post
                  The point of the charging handle is as in the above posts but what hasn't be mentioned is the satisfaction you get from racking it back and clambering that first round, you can rack an aeg charging handle but it just isn't the same.

P.s when buying a gun read the manual or download a manual if bought secondhand.
                  I actually dont find the WE to be that satisfying :9 its a very dull thud of a sound, not a metalic clack like youd hope.

Comment

They should roll out unless bbs are crappy brand or your barrel is dirty or worse it's mis-sharpen. Firing it with load of bbs in will be fine and probs a laugh too

Comment

blaster bb's, never had a problem before, barrel could be dirty i guess but its never been out of the house or used much, would be fking typical if its misshapen because it would be misshapen out of the box

I spose theres the possibility its a tight bore?

Comment

Basic gbbr operation

I found that when using propane my M4 would crack bbs (using blaster BB).
                        But if i change to say Nuprol gass it wont happen.
                        So it could be gass pressure too..if its destroying bbs
                        Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

or more likely its splitting or chopping them as the nozzle picks them up

Comment

catch up guys, bb crunching no longer an issue :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                            Working...
                            X