Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd WE co2 leak

I posted this on the WE facebook group but so far no one has any idea,

my m4 co2 mag was leaking out the top (not the release valve) so i changed out the green and red o-rings, soaked the new ones for a good while in oil, popped them back in with a new co2 cartridge and it was totally air tight, no leaking at all.

Then i put it int eh gun and fired, instantly started leaking from the top again quite a bit - removed mag from gun, still leaking so not any issue with the bolt getting stuck on the valve.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Re: Odd WE co2 leak

sounds like the release valve is getting hung up and not fully closing , I have seen it in the past the post in the middle of the valve sort of sit's to one side.

We dont tend to mess with c02 mags over the silly leaks but one thing I wanted to try with the valves that moved was shorten the part your hammer strikes as its longer than stock gas valves to rules out it going too far and being able to move.
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

fair enough, might give it a go.

Comment

could even be something as silly as the middle part has a very slight bend or the spring inside is not applying pressure even

Comment

funny you should say that, i just stretched the spring out a bit as well as filed a bit off of the valve and one or the other seems to have done the trick! no more leaking :D

there is however a problem with it not engaging the bolt catch but that shouldnt be too hard to fix :D

- - - Updated - - -

famous last words

Comment

omg i spoke too soon about the leak. sitting next to it it just started randomly for no reason whatsoever. not a small leak either

Comment

Burn it :P I do feel your pain , is the leak still coming from the valve and not the piercing cap ?

Comment

its still the top hole

- - - Updated - - -

i would get a whole new valve but no one has them in stock

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                Working...
                X