WE P226 upgrade help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE P226 upgrade help

Evening all, just wanted to pick some brains, I normally just go standard with my pistols an upgrade my rifles. However i have just purchased a p226 off of here and feel like getting what I can out of it.

Longer tighbore encased in a silencer,
    High output mag valves
    Hop rubber

But that's as far a I can get as I've never really worked on pistols before...

Has anyone got any advice on how to get it running crisp and a decent fps?

Not sure if this is a stupid question, so calm down high rate keyboard warriors.

Cheers, Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: WE P226 upgrade help

Stronger recoil spring is a good start for snappier response fitted one in a KWA P226 PTP (I know its not the same but the principle is) Decent FPS I used to have a WE P228 Shot at around 280fps which I thought was fine personally when I fitted the longer tightbore and silencer kit the FPS went up to around 320 however, the silencer does weigh the front down slightly so having those high output magazine valves with a heavier recoil spring would be preferable the barrel seemed to get weighed down by the silencer which was imo heavy.

Look into a firefly hop rubber and open the hop rubber window up with some filing youll get much more consistant shots with that!

Comment

I wouldn't go with any of that.

A stronger recoil spring is only really for returning the slide to battery. It's only going to make the pistol feel 'snappier' if it's coming back so slowly that it's slowing down your shooting. I would leave all the springs stock.

What I did with mine, is took it down to parts, and used wire wool on the slide rails and the frame, so that the slide has as little friction as possible. Spend some time doing it (about 2-3 hours) and you'll notice a big difference.

In terms of hip and range, just change the rubber. A plus worked well in mine, and so will a firefly probably. I used to use nineball but I don't see a big enough difference in anything I put them in.

High output valves again I wouldn't bother. All you're doing there is pumping more gas into the gun. Which means you'll get less shots, and only up to a point will it increase pressure on the blowback unit. Eventually it'll just spill out when you fire, and end up with that cloud of gas you see coming out of some peoples guns as they fire.

You'd be better off cleaning, and polishing, and greasing correctly rather than just pumping more gas around and harder springs to fight against

Comment

I wouldn't upgrade a WE unless its broken

Comment

Great advise, just need to chrono! :-) one with cleaning with wire wool, firefly hop, new recoil spring. Want a barrel extension and silencer next for added range.

Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it gents :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fromfallouttodust Find out more about fromfallouttodust
          Working...
          X