Stripped chamber screw(what size for replacement?)(pics) gbb m945 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped chamber screw(what size for replacement?)(pics) gbb m945 1911

I was trying to fix a bucking of a 1911 gbb with marui style internals, until I tried undoing two little Phillips head screws to seperate the two halves of the hopup chamber and the screws stripped like they were made of cheese. Does anyone know what size and where to get a replacement easily? The screw is 6mm long, 3mm head diameter, 1/16inch thread diameter

Pics

Re: Stripped chamber screw(what size for replacement?)(pics) gbb m945 1911

Just ordered some m1.6x6mm countersunk screws

In the meantime does anyone have any ideas on how to get remaining screw out? Its stiff

Comment

Really the only way of doing it without a drill or Dremel is to epoxy the end of your screwdriver to it before unscrewing.

Comment

Prior to this thread, I put superglue on the tip of a screwdriver but when it contacted the screw the superglue flowed out and into the screwhole crevice.. I will probably try to drill it out like you said if I find a drill bit smaller than 1.6mm or if I find a tiny counterclockwise twist screw extractor

Comment

I was going to say screw extractor too, but those things are expensive due to the material they have to use. I'd try epoxy rather than superglue for the higher tensile strength - see if that works.

Comment

Turns out I needed m2x6 screws for the chamber

I haven't got the stripped screw out yet, might drill it

Comment

The problem I was originally trying to fix was that a bb would roll out the barrel when the slide was racked by firing or by hand. I thought it was the bucking being worn out but it was the loading nozzle being too long, thus pushing the bb past the nub in the bucking when the slide is racked. Sanding down the loading nozzle stopped this and took about 30 seconds. I didn't even need to waste money on the chamber or bucking..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

timrocket Find out more about timrocket
              Working...
              X