TM 1911 C02 clone, fires fine, bbs roll out when pointed down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM 1911 C02 clone, fires fine, bbs roll out when pointed down

Hi guys, Im hoping for some help with this gun, ive taken it apart completely and all the internals seem fine, and when its firing its great, very accurate, nice blowback, and consistent 330fps, but when I holster it or point the gun down, the bb rolls out of the barrel, which means when I draw it I have to fire twice, and with a 17 round mag losing a bb every time its lowered or holstered is a fairly big issue, other than that the gun performs perfectly.

Re: TM 1911 C02 clone, fires fine, bbs roll out when pointed down

Needs a hop rubber that fits tighter, or taking out and checking the current one for any deformations. What clone is it? When it fires fine, how far does the rounds travel?

330 is quite high for a pistol, so my reckoning is that the hop is barely touching the bb

Comment

Hi sorry turns out its a kjw 1911 fn

I only play cqb so max range ive had to use it os about 50 metres at aeems to shoot accurately at that distance

Do you know where i can buy a replacement rubber? I'll check my current one when i get back

Comment

50 metres is hardly CQB. How sure are you on that distance? Any TM compatible rubber will fit

Comment

Disassemble the gun, get the barrel and place a bb in the chamber. Lightly tap it downwards and see if the bb falls through.

If the bb falls through, get a torch, shine it into the barrel and look through it at the hopup nub which holds the bb in place. If you cant see it with the hopup turned to max, the metal clip which connects to the hopup adjustment wheel and presses down on top of the hopup bucking(to create the nub) may have bent itself out greater than a 45 degree angle so that there is not enough pressure on the bucking for a proper nub to hold the bb in place. If the gun is old the rubber bucking may have detiorated and bits of rubber flake off after firing so there might be no nub to hold it in place if it has detiorated. In the unlikely case you need to replace the bucking, be very careful not to strip the two tiny screws which hold the two halves of the chamber together, the head of the screws strips easily.

If the bb stays in the chamber as it should and doesn't fall through, the problem is likely to be the loading nozzle going too far into the chamber and pushing the bb past the nub. Filing or sanding a small amount material from the front nozzle will fix this. The loading nozzle could also not be retracting back fully due to grit in the blowback unit so check first, before removing magerial from the front of the loading nozzle.
          Last edited by timrocket; 16 September, 2015, 23:44.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thatpoorninja Find out more about Thatpoorninja
          Working...
          X