Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G18C Marui slide - trying to decide, personal experiences welcomed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G18C Marui slide - trying to decide, personal experiences welcomed!

After reading SO many reviews, I was wondering if anyone has practical experience with G17 and 18C slides.

I will be fitting a guarder frame, and am trying to decide between guarder, PGC, shooters design and guns modify.

I keep getting mixed reviews and lots of mixed messages about what does and doesn't work and what will just completely NEVER work well. I have read the entire WIP thread elsewhere and really gone around the sites. That being said, I like to go with personal experiences so I have a first hand account.

Has anyone got any views on what is the best quality slide that is the easiest to install?

Re: G18C Marui slide - trying to decide, personal experiences welcomed!

I've had PGC and two Guarder slides (all for the 18C) - I think the Guarder slides are better as they don't wear as quickly externally.

All of them are relatively the same to install, but I would recommend just running some 800 grit wet and dry paper over the points of contact to minimise the break in period. Other than that they're fine. That WIP thread on Airsoft Canada is great though and the regulars there really know their stuff. The fact of the matter is though - like with everything - you only tend to see the negative reviews as people with a postive experience don't bother posting.

One thing I would obviously recommend is filling in that front 'void' with epoxy (behind the front screw). Even on the Guarder frames they can snap at the bottom. Also that 150% recoil spring is a must.

Comment

Thank you very much!! I have come to a very similar conclusion on how to go about it all, but it's worth getting a second opinion. I have decided to go with a guns modify one in the end, as the guarder alu outer seems a pain to find in black and I know putting a steel outer with an alu slide will not end well for the slide :P

as for durability, I will be getting it bead blasted and Cerakoted which should last a decent amount of time!!

Any I do like guarder but unfortunately I have had a lot of fitment issues with my desert eagle of old, so I think its time to try another maker!

I have a nice list of parts to buy now, so should all go well (fingers crossed). Any further advice on slides would still be welcomed as not bought anything yet lol.

Comment

Guns Modify ones are also aluminium, and a lower quality aluminium at that - they will wear much quicker on a steel barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Proffrink View Post
          Also that 150% recoil spring is a must.
          Yep the 150% springs make the recoil a lot more snappy.

Comment

In terms of guarder fitment issues, how did you find them? I don't want to play too much trying to fit it and get it wrong :P

Comment

Mine were both drop ins - it took a little time to get the cycle speed up to the best it can be due to friction from the paint. As I say, if I were to do it today I'd just run some fine grit wet and dry across the bottom of the slide (where it contacts the frame) then clean it well with isopropl (don't want flecks of paint or aluminium in your nozzle) before sticking it on. I never had any other issues though - it was snug and took some taps from a hammer to put the rear assembly into the slide, but I'd prefer that to it being loose. Again, fine grid wet and dry and a tiny bit of water does wonders.

After about 20-30 magazines the both seemed fully bedded in and were cycling faster than a stock slide.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TQSplinter Find out more about TQSplinter
              Working...
              X