WE Apache MP5 venting after first shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Apache MP5 venting after first shot

Gas gun gurus, just picked up my first gbbr. Bought second hand looking immaculate. Bought a brand new extra mag. My problem is that when using either mag the gun will fire once or twice in semi auto mode then vent of all the gas whilst cycling in full auto mode. I may be missing something basic as this is my first gbbr. Any help or advice gratefully received

Re: WE Apache MP5 venting after first shot

Im no GBBR expert but from what i have experienced, it could be one of the following:

1. The gas - When i was using green gas (nuprol) in cold temperatures, my m4 often vented. I switched to red nuprol gas and no long had that issue.
    2. The bolt might not have fully cycled. This means when the pull the trigger the bolt is not fully closed so all the gas is venting as there is space for it to do so.

Just 2 of the issues i had with my m4 GBBR bud. Hope it helps !
    FOR SALE:
    TRI AN/PRC 152 Radio package

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1451643

Comment

what id do is

strip the gun and clean lube and check for any "issues"

secondly gas

what are you using and what temp

I only use Red gas in my vector and green in my TM pistols.

If the gas isn't up to the job it will let you down

Comment

Thanks for the pointers gents. Currently using WE green gas in this and my TM pistol. Have stripped the gun, the only thing I could see that may not be right (you'll have to excuse my lack of technical terms) is when inspecting the bolt carrier i pulled on the nozzle with my finger nail to check its movement and it occasionally stuck and needed pushing back a little in to the bolt carrier? As this is retained by a spring shouldnt it just pop straight back?

Comment

In a WE MP5 of any variant I wouldn't bother with basic green gas, unless it's a very hot ambient temperature. Go Abbey Ultra Predator or similar 'red' brand. In colder conditions I've had good results with Nuprol 4 as well on semi auto. Nuprol would be for guns like an AK or M4, whilst Abbey Ultra I use in sub machine gbb guns, Scorpion, M11 etc, although I would use it in smaller weapons with less hefty bolts (though not pistols) in colder conditions.

Comment

look up the exposed diagram. onbit look for flute valve or rocket valve and then also the nozzle springs. see if all the assembly Is intact and not overstretched or damaged.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Thanks for the advice, that gives me something to go on

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Oompaloompa Find out more about Oompaloompa
              Working...
              X