Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P226 problems

i have a KJ Works P226.

has been amazing for last 2-3 year but recently get half way through mag and then it just blows all remaining gas from mag. any help to fix this greatly appreciated. if it has lots and lots of silicone it helps but not that much. wondering if it is just the gas release valve getting stuck,or something wrong with the pistol it's self. have heard can be worse in cold weather, so warmer weather and lots of silicon lube and should be better maybe?

many thanks

Rob
    Generic boring Sig that is duly ignored.

Re: P226 problems

I have a KJW P226, fully lubed and serviced, I also pulled out the mag valves for inspection which were a bit dry so lubed them too. It still has major issues below 10 deg C. Often it will send 5 or 6 shots then blow the rest of the mag out. IMO the gun is strictly summer use only which is why I have been considering TM's P226 (all plastic) for the colder months. I'm not particularly happy about the KJW at all really, but I much prefer all-metal weapons so I'm between a rock and a hard place. I don't know if the KSC all metal version is any better than the KJW. I wouldn't mind finding out really.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
    TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Ok to answer the question by op

try removing the press valve on the back wall and cleaning with silicone spray to remove all crap and dirt the may jam the valve
      re lube the seals and reinsert but rapid firing will cool the mag down resulting in venting also it maybe the gun trigger and hammer spring may need replacing as they may have become worn and keep the valve pushed in to long

Comment

thanks to you both, i'll take out the valve and give it a good clean and lube, if still no luck i'll look into the trigger and hammer.

Comment

Has anyone had any luck with this? I'm getting exactly the same problem with my kjw p229. The gun has always worked faultlessly but I recently got a new can of green gas from z1 (differently labled from my last cans) and ever since the first fill it's vented all the gas on the third or fourth pull of the trigger. I've tried taking the valve out and applied silicon but still having no luck. Really would like to shed some light on this.

Comment

good blast or 2 of silicone down the valve from the top (where the rubber seal would meet the piston and cylinder in the slide) while holding the valve open it is now working. thought i'd lubed that before but obviously not well enough. that got it to 2-3 shot before gas ran out, didn't dump all gas. so i go a replacement piston lid as then was an effiecency problem now get through full mag fine again. heard that replacing the hammer spring can also help so the gas valve is open a shorter time.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

robthedodo Find out more about robthedodo
            Working...
            X