Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

KSC Glock 19 help needed (warning a tricky one lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSC Glock 19 help needed (warning a tricky one lol)

Hi guys,
    Im not sure your be able to help as i know what im going to ask is going to be a tricky question..

My cousin has just phoned me, he has been given a KSC glock 19, and it has an issue.. My cousin is used to cartridge firearms not airsoft so he does not know whats the cause of the issue.. But he told me this lol..

He filled the gun with gas, and dry fired the gun, it shot twice then vented all the gas out of the ejection port and barrel, it tried that 3 times with the same results, he then filled the mag with gas again put a BB in the mag and shot the gun, the BB come out quite slowly so he thinks its not giving full power, 2 more shots the gun vents the gas.. (so helpful i know lol)

So he took the gun apart and looked at the blowback unit and piston head etc, he said the head feels loose but once again not knowing airsoft does not know if thats normal, but to look at everything looks fine..

Once again guys sorry for the lack of info, if i had the gun here i could say more, but i was wondering if you guys have any rough idea,, depending on what could be the issue i might take the gun off hes hands..

Thanks for your time and helps..
    ATB, marc..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Re: KSC Glock 19 help needed (warning a tricky one lol)

from research im finding it could be down to the mag release not causing a correct seal.. Ill try and get the pistol here within a week so i can take a closer look.
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

It's a pretty common issue from my experience. To fix it, strip the pistol and remove the blowback assembly by removing the screw under where the rear sight would be and just pulling it out. Find something like a thin piece of plastic or even thin card (like a business card) and place it in the slide where the blowback unit would sit. Put the blowback unit back in (careful of the spring!) and reassemble. The gun should now work fine!

Literally just had to do this last Friday! Works a treat.

Comment

Also simple question is he filling the mad the wrong way round? Gas can on top and mag below is correct. Often happens

we are all going to die and are all just trying to get more time....

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

HI wild, thanks for your reply, I also got a a reply on another forum from a member here (Paul) showing me a old topic the sames mine with all the examples that could be the issue lol so I have plenty to try when I getvmy hands on the gun, but I'll try to basics only I dot want to be spending much money on the gun just fault finding, I would rather just sell it on as spare parts..

HI moddy, yup even the most simple things are worth checking, yeah he filled the mag the correct way mate..

All the best, marc..

Comment

if you have a look at my post history you'll proberly stumbled upon all the other KSC repair posts I used to post stuff on plenty of pics when I used to tinker with my glocks (atm there in a box as I CBA to repair them this year again)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

HI meddy cheers mate I'll have a look
              Could be weeks before I get his Glock 19 here but I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do, not sure if I should take it off his hands cheaply or just see if it's a simple fix, if it's not just tell him to get rid..

Comment

ok hers some things

take slide off remove barrel. look inside the bbu nozzle. see if there is all three things. a flute/rocket valave looks like a flat dart. a spring on the darts fin side and a pin across the inside.

next remove the bbu using the rear screw.
                caifuly take it out the slide at the front of the bbu will have two long springs inset in long tube hold onto of the bbu nozzle. check there in perfect order and then slide the nozzle off see if the mikimouse ears are intactthat the springs push against.

then look in the hammer unit. look specifically at the main hammer spring. is it on its leadge at the back left side when barrel forward holding.
                next check that the knocker valve hammer that sits under the main hammer and pokes out in the magwell is completely intact. has a oval loop it pin sits in and a small spring undenath to reset it.

next look at the sear on the side of the hammer with the trigger bar around it. is it ok?

next look t the hammer reset rod and its spring. you will have to knock the pin out of the trigger and hammer unit to see this it is a long spring and a EOD with rounded end and a shaft that goes out at 90° from it. I'd the spring OK is the shaft worn flat at the top?

I'll post the link to my photo bucket in a min with disasembaly images and other pictures (mostly for the auto glocks.

Comment

Hi meddy, thanks a lot for all your time and help mate im very grateful, im looking forward to getting the glock here so i can have a fiddle lol.. I will start bugging him to bring it round my house..

Comment

The semi auto ones are very easy to work on just a few tidy spring to go missing the auto ones are held together by elven magic its a mrrical the work when they do XD should know got 11 of the fekkers now if its not a sear or spring going wrong it's a nozzel or screw undoing on the damn things. Tho the 17 in my carbine kit is fine bar the odd screw giving way and dropping the bbu mid cycle shearing the nozzle tabs off

I'll post link as soon as I move all the images to a better server properly a Dropbox this time.

we are all going to die and are all just trying to get more time....

Also don't worry about cost of parts there only a few $ from tatland china

Comment

Hi guys :gg:
                      just a little update for you. My cousin bought the KSC glock 19 round yesterday, for me to have a look at..

First thing i did was check the magazine, so i filled it to see how much it was leaking from the loading nozzle, it did have a slight but noticeable hiss. I then took the gun apart, i removed the slide and with my finger flicked the blowback unit, right away i noticed the blowback unit was not very springy it was a little stiff. So i removed the block unit and stripped it down, right away i noticed everything was very dry, i took the BBU apart and saw one of the springs was crimped and a bit bent, so i put it on a toothpick and straightened it out, i then lubed the BBU when some pellgun oil, which is the only oil i have at the moment and put the gun back together, The BBU was much nicer and was springy like it should be.. Now i was talking while doing this so it took about 25 minutes, when i put the magazine in i did 5 dry fire shots and the gas was nearly empty out the mag, so i filled it back up again and retested the gun, it functioned as it should, lol apart from the leaky magazine..

Much admit though i was not that impressed by the gun, the recoil was much less then my WE Glock 18c, i then said to my cousin ring your friend and tell him my offer still stands, i will give him £15 to £20 max for the gun, as it needs a new filling valve and base plate and i dont like the gun that much lol.. Hes friend said no he will keep it but thanks for looking at it..

So thats that then, was a simple fix but i did not end up buying the gun as i was not willing to pay £50 for it, never mind, many more guns around..

Meddy thanks again for your help mate.

ATB, Marc.. :gg:

Comment

heh its nostly due to the fact they ship still with the same components from the 90s therees still a few upgrads for them out there but tbh tm and we and stuff are much more ready to upgrade.

as for the valve go pound shop grab a big screwdriver cut a slot in it unscrew the valve and check the oring on it. if crap grab a refillable lighter take it apart/smash it) replace with acquired oring.
                        if its the big square oring ill have to dig out the post whit the replacement size.
                        inside the mag it may have the japanese restrictor tube in it basically looks like an inner barrel attached top the bottom valve block kinda restricts the amount of liquid gas gets in the mag.

Comment

HI meddy, the gun is out of my hands now mate and gone back to the original owner, he did not want to take my offer of £15-£20 for the gun, so that's it out of sight out of mind now mate lol.

Time to start upgrading my WE Glock 18c now.. I'll make a new post for that one

Comment

well then Marc good luck with your tm type glock this is were my knolage ends I'll stick to my ksc Frankenstein glocks its what I deserve for buying them so cheap to tinker with XD

Comment

Hi meddy thanks mate, ill post my progress up on a different section.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marc.RG1 Find out more about Marc.RG1
                              Working...
                              X