X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG Accessories on GBBR?

Hey,

Not sure if this is the right section to ask in but, anyway:

I am used to HPA with AEG bodies etc.. So I have no experience whatsoever in the world of GBBR (though I do in pistols). If I wanted to use my aeg externals on a GBBR (if I get one) what will carry over@? E.g. I know pistol grip and buffer won't, but will the rails, trigger guard, will my aeg stock fit a GBB buffer, is the outer barrel diameter the same so I can fit my FSP? Thanks.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Regards,

Rowan

Re: AEG Accessories on GBBR?

Its entirely dependant on what GBBR you have and what AEG you have. Some AEGs are built to accept RS parts, some are not. Though everything can be made to fit given enough time.

Some more info on the guns you fancy swapping would be helpful...

For starters, buffer tubes, upper/lower receivers, outer barrels, magazines, pistol grips and triggers will not fit. Trigger guards should fit, same with stocks. Rails hit and miss, some will some wont. Again more info on the guns you plan to switch would help!

Comment

So I was mainly wondering about the trigger guard, rails and if aeg stocks fit on GBBR buffer tubes.

Looking at buying a M4 WE WOC, currently owning a custom M4 rifle based on a G&P Body using a Daniel Defence 12" FSP rail system, a G&G M4 GOS-V2 Stock and a G&P SPR Trigger Guard.
      I know flash hiders carry over too, but sling mounts?

I guess buying a new Stock and trigger guard won't really matter, but saving money on buying new rails after the rifle itself will put me down uncomfortably too much.

I was also interested in if a standard FSP will fit but I just realized it was a stupid question as it is made for real steel and fits AEG.

I've seen people tap GBBR's through the grip and have the mags feed through a tiny adapter. Have you heard of that? Also maybe there are AEG to GBBR pistol grip adapters and GBBR hops that take AEG Barrels (I have an Edgi 6.05 R-hop -ed).

I'll take a look for the adapters but I still can't find anything on rail compatibility!

Thanks for your help!

Comment

There is no WE WOC. It's a G&P WOC based of the WA system.

Your stock should fit but not the buffer tube.

There is no AEG to GBBR pistol grip conversion as why would anyone want that? Especially since a lot of AEG pistol grips are not the same as the RS in order to house the motor.

Barrels no. The only GBBR that accepts AEG inner barrels is the GHK series BUT AEG hop rubbers do not like the additives in gas and become ineffective pretty quickly.

As for rails G&P are usually pretty compatible with each other so should fit but best double check

Explain this more?
        "I've seen people tap GBBR's through the grip and have the mags feed through a tiny adapter"

Comment

The only one thing I'd add is that some optics tend to break on gas blow back rifles. Make sure it's a decent brand, or buy a very budget real steal rated optic like maybe the UTG AR red dots.

Comment

Very good point. Vortex do great but cheap optics.

If you looking for EOTech flavour look up the Samoon ones, had one on a KWA LM4 for a while and its still rock solid. Much better made than even Hurricane

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

Thanks all,

Stargate;
              I meant G&P, don't know why I said WE, so thanks!
              About the tapping, I won't do it so I won't explain much, but effectively you can get an insert that goes in the magwell so it accepts AEG mags and you run a HPA pipe through the grip.

You make a good point on the optics, Proffrink so thanks; I've seen a few G&P Aimpoint T1's on GBBR's but I may save for a clone meant for real steel or GBB's instead, thanks Stargate; Samoon do one!

I was mainly fussed about GBBR buffers being the same diameter (so take AEG stocks), my rails fitting and possibly my trigger guard.

So thanks for the useful information guys!

Comment

The only real way is to buy what accessory you want and hope for the best. There is no golden rule sadly.

Generally they will all fit in some fashion, but they might be rather loose or rather tight. Tolerances and dims are all over the place when it comes to GBBs. (or anything airsoft for that matter)

Example: myself and a friend have turned both our GBB LM4s into HK416s. I have a TM-spec 416 stock on, he has a VFC spec 416 stock on his. Mine fits but is a bit loose, needs tape to pack it out. His fits but is so tight you almost need a hammer to adjust the length.

Also the barrel nut dims and therefore rail specs can be different. Some are imperial and some are metric.

Oh and go for a RS optic, the recoil will shag any clone ones.
                Magpul'd Hurricane SR47 //WE Glock 17 Gen4 // KWA LM4: Mk12 SPR Mod 1 - HK416N - LWRC M6A2 // Tanaka M870

Comment

As I mentioned Vortex and Vector optics are brilliant. Both companies essentially make clones or RS optics for RS rifles. I had the mini DR on my GHK AK for some time, was bang on every time.

As for Samoon their EOTechs where tested with real rifles and held up so no problem their either, especially with the real EOTech being sued by the US Gov. over shoddy sights...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Digital Find out more about Digital
                  Working...
                  X