Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal frame and slide for TM 1911

Hi guys,

I really like the metal slide and frame that with the Springfield Armory marking on (saw some very nice pictures in the "Pictures Of Your Guns"), so I'm thinking of buying a TM 1911 and modify it with metal slide and frame (internal parts too, but later). But I've never done any custom job like this before, can anyone advise me?

1. what brand should I get? Done some research but most of the one that I like are out of stock from the internet (Nova, Airsoft Surgeon and Prime etc.). Hear some bad review on the Guarder upgrade parts, not sure if I should go for their one (they are out of stock too anyway).
    2. which TM 1911 is best for this kind of customisation? Quite like the series 70s.
    3. I heard that if I change the metal slide and frame it will affect the gun performance and cause damage easily, how can I balance it with internal parts upgrade?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Metal frame and slide for TM 1911

If I was you mate I would just buy either a KJW or WE 1911 and save yourself a Lot of money..
    ATB Marc
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Re: Metal frame and slide for TM 1911

The problem with the 1912 and metal kits if that the magazines don't hold much gas, so you're gonna struggle to get it working great. 'Acceptable' performance from it is really as good as it gets.

All of the decent kits are made for the Marui. To save a large amount of fitting work, go for prime/Airsoft surgeon/nova. Guarder you'll be guaranteed to need a file kit.

As for the series 70, it's by far the nicest model Marui have made, but if you're going to tear it apart from the off, there's no point spending all that extra money. The original WW2 models the same internally

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sxl Find out more about sxl
      Working...
      X