PTS MKM AR15 Hop Adjustment and Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS MKM AR15 Hop Adjustment and Range

Hi guys,Recently I have obtained a PTS MKM AR15 which is a great rifle but I was a little disapointed when i took it to its first game as the BB's starting dropping after around 20-30 metres (0.3g Blaset Devil BB's) as if the hop was turned all the way off and I was wandering if theres a problem with the gun.

The other Problem is the hop up it self,I couldnt not adjust it i could only move it around 5 mm's both sides when trying to move it more some of the teeth snapped.

The rifle currently fires at 270 fps with Abbey gas and 0.3g bb's and as I said above they drop after around 20 metres but Im looking to get a NPAS in the next week for it.

Does anyone know why its performing so poor and does anybody know where I can get a new hop up unit for it or get maybe a better hop unit which is easier to adjust aswell?

Re: PTS MKM AR15 Hop Adjustment and Range

Is it the oldee style ball bearing hop or the newer leaf spring style?

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

The standard hop is shite, don't bother with it.

I can sell you my own 3D printed versions of the current hop 'shape' but with the ability to use a grub screw to give you more or less hop. Or alternatively I can give you a 3D printed version to allow you to use AEG barrels & hop rubbers.
      Magpul'd Hurricane SR47 //WE Glock 17 Gen4 // KWA LM4: Mk12 SPR Mod 1 - HK416N - LWRC M6A2 // Tanaka M870

Comment

Shouldnt use AEG rubbers in GBBRs unless you use dry propane. The silicone ruins them like there's no tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post
          Is it the oldee style ball bearing hop or the newer leaf spring style?

on my phone, my spelling will suck
          Unless they've changed it in the last few months, it will be the leaf spring type.

OP -

0.3's at 270fps is more than likely not helping things, also how many rounds have you put through it? The hop doesn't bed in properly on LM4 based systems for at least 1000rd's from my own testing with 2 LM4'S, MKM and Masada.
          Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Shouldnt use AEG rubbers in GBBRs unless you use dry propane. The silicone ruins them like there's no tomorrow.
            Propane all day long.
            Magpul'd Hurricane SR47 //WE Glock 17 Gen4 // KWA LM4: Mk12 SPR Mod 1 - HK416N - LWRC M6A2 // Tanaka M870

Comment

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
              Unless they've changed it in the last few months, it will be the leaf spring type.

OP -

0.3's at 270fps is more than likely not helping things, also how many rounds have you put through it? The hop doesn't bed in properly on LM4 based systems for at least 1000rd's from my own testing with 2 LM4'S, MKM and Masada.

I had it on 2 game days and i put around roughly 2,000 rounds through it on game days/test shooting.

Comment

Also How you manage to adjust the hop up or did you change it? Because i could not adjust mine for a million pounds, It would only turn like 5mm max to either side doing nothing at all,,untill the teeth snapped off.

Comment

The teeth will only snap off if you do not have the tool totally seated. You should be able to move the tool up and down at least the width of the ejection port and should actually move more.

Comment

The teeth will only snap off if you do not have the tool totally seated. You should be able to move the tool up and down at least the width of the ejection port and should actually move more.
                    Yes I figured that out but even when I had it seated it wouldn't really move at all.

Comment

The MKM never came with the older Hop-up system, it's always been the newer type with the metal tensioner. If you can't get enough hop then disassemble it and bend the plate so that it pushes down on the rubber a little more. Be aware that the range of adjustment via the collar is pretty crap, even when you replace the stock pot metal one with the ESD one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MrStalker Find out more about MrStalker
                      Working...
                      X