WE TA 2015 P90 cool down issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE TA 2015 P90 cool down issues?

I am hoping any fellow GBBR P90 users have any experience of cool down on these? I have managed to get one but have had nothing but dramas with it from new such as the bolt stop breaking in half as its plastic and it had an issue with not feeding from the magazine. So at the moment don't have any faith in it

I don't know about others but mine won't accept an LFS Disc for some reason, it fires the first round and then sputters and randomly feeds itself so have had to fit an npas and file down some of the plastic to get the fps up to around 300fps with it fitted at the closed (shortest) position.

Anyway my current issue is that when chronographing the gun and firing it at a target in my garage it will fire at an average of 290-300fps for about twenty shots then drop to 95-140fps randomly for a few shots then jump back to around 300 fps if you remove then replace the same magazine?

Has anyone had experience of a random drop in fps like this on a GBBR or could it be cool down affecting the reservoir in the gun perhaps although at around 15c I didn't think it could be that bad with abbey ultra?

Re: WE TA 2015 P90 cool down issues?

I had the same issues with mine from using Abby gas , changed over to some nuprol gas (2+3) my cool down and feeding went
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Cheers mate for that, have ordered some 3.0 and will chrono it and see if it drops when it arrives on tue, then maybe i will feel confident that it will work and not drop to low fps at an inopportune moment when I go to my local site next Sunday as it should be about 5c . If it worked for you hopefully will solve my issues too!!!!

Comment

Np was only phone the last post , but just noticed about the FG LFS disc's not fitting I find this very odd as I have helped people fit them before :/ , I did go npas my self as I had one spare at the time but found the gas sorted my issues out ( never broken my bolt stop as I have the mags set to dry fire after seeing what the stop was made of )

Comment

I tried the LFS Disc and it fitted fine as I have them fitted to an AK and an MP5, but with the P90 it wouldn't cycle itself properly which I found bizarre and never worked out, it worked fine with the NPAS and original parts but not with the LFS disc which was really bizarre, I haven't much faith left in this gun now after all the issues I have had mate

Comment

Next trip to iain's I will grab some LFS disc's and see if i can get the same issues happen to mine

Comment

I am waiting on Iain to get me the bolt stop for mine. Hopefully though mate the gas change from abbey ultra to nuprol 2.0 and 3.0 will make me realise its an awesome gun as it does look awesome and is so much more versatile than my M4 CQB at the site I attend as its a pain carrying M4 mags everywhere!!!

The cool down did surprise me though due to the construction of the mags the plastic cover means once they are cold they stay cold

Comment

I was a little Meh till I swapped gas ( had to hold the mag down on abby ) nuprol 3 I robbed off a pal changed my mind it was a like a fright train to the point i even looked at getting it HPA'd , I will ask him how the hunt for the bolt catch is doing as I know its a weak point

Comment

When I spoke to him today he said he will square me away but may take a while, which is fine with me, will just have to count my shots, my 3.0 should be getting here on tue so hopefully it will become the go to gun I want it to be...which would justify my explanation to my missus that I need a Five seveN pistol next. I have learnt never use the word want when I talk to her about airsoft...always need!!!

Comment

Sounds strange, as though there may have been an issue with the floating valve not moving correctly or freely enough. I've been using dry propane in mine and it shoots perfectly, drops a whole 50 rd mag on one fill with minimal cooldown. Also despite being an Asia import it shoots 340fps on the dot with .2s at room temp. Never felt the need to lower the fps.

Is the valve moving freely?

As for the bolt stop this is an issue that needs to be address, best solution for the time being appears to be to either add a rubber buffer to the stop or make a new stop from polycarbonate or nylon. Each material is very solid but flexible which in theory should absorb the impact rather than snapping.

Comment

Mine was averaging around 360 stock with abbey ultra, which is why I tried the lfs disc then had to settle with an npas, the valve seemed to move about fine. I am hoping the nuprol will solve my issues as I did with johnnyj as its essentially propane and that hopefully the abbey ultra was my main issue as I have noticed with my other gbbr that some work best with different gasses

Comment

Johnnyj was dead on suggesting nuprol, it now fires smoothly and manages to empty a full 50 round mag on semi auto, and almost managed a full mag on auto with about 10 bbs left before dry firing even with nuprol 3.0 it was cold outside about 5c .Now just to wait for a new bolt stop to arrive and this should become a recent rifle hopefully I will see how it handles in a skirmish on Sunday in hull

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

maslin4863 Find out more about maslin4863
                        Working...
                        X