An alternative gas ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An alternative gas ???

Hey guys, got a question regarding gas we can use.
    At work I came across a gas canister fuel cell for a rawlplug nail gun, nice compact size, similar height to a red bull can but slimmer, so possibly suitable as an "in the field" refill kit, but a bit of research lists the contents as:

The fuel cell is a liquified gas under pressure - colourless with a
    slight odour. Rawlplug fuel cells contain a high grade Propane/
    Butane fuel mixture - which leaves little carbon residue in the tool.
    The fuel also has a fully synthetic oil as a lubricant - increasing the
    time between servicing.
    Fuel cell functions down to -5o Celsius and up to a maximum of 35o
    Celsius

Anybody know if this is suitable for our gas mags, I currently use propane with the occasional squirt of silicon oil with no probs, but the size of the cans makes carrying it in game an issue.
    I should say this isn't an attempt to save a few pence, nor am I recommending anybody else try using this stuff, my question is purely based on the convenient size of these cans, but maybe someone with more gbb knowledge would know if it's feasible.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mark

Re: An alternative gas ???

Hey Mark

Have you seen the small grenade replica gas charger?

It's basically a small can with a standard fill valve on the bottom (to fill it up) and then a gas valve on the top to use with your GBB mags.

It's small and lightweight and looks cool to carry round.

Hopefully you've seen these as it may be the answer for you

UPDATE - Found the link....

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5547

Comment

From a little research it seems Butane on it's own doesn't produce enough pressure to operate a GBB pistol. Mixing it with propane is only going to reduce the pressure available. Doesn't seem such a good idea.

Harrison's post is a better alternative IMO
      Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

thanks guys, I actually had one of the portable gas containers, black & looked like a stun grenade, owned it for about 8 years & never used it once lol, traded it last year.
        Tbh the rawlplug stuff just intrigued me, might try it in an old WE pistol I've got, just for giggles & see what it chronos like ?

What's the worse that could happen lol

Comment

I really like the idea. I am not bothered about the size but more about the potential for cold weather applications if it is working down to -50*c
          Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
          VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
          VFC 416c, 416d AEG
          HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

I use Mapp gas in my gbbr's in the winter. It's more than powerful without doing any damage to the internals. That said you need to drip a couple of drops of Silicone oil in the gas fill valve every few mag fills as Mapp gas doesn't contain any silicone oil (like propane) The only downside is the smell of the gas.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Mills View Post
              I really like the idea. I am not bothered about the size but more about the potential for cold weather applications if it is working down to -50*c
              I think that's -5c, bit more research has come up with a price, £18 approx for ONE little can, at that price I think I'll stick with bog standard propane.

Comment

I pay £13 for my Mapp gas and it's a big can larger than a standard green gas can.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tackle 53 & a bit fat now but still knackered. Find out more about tackle
                Working...
                X