Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm Glock 17 Guarder upgrade kit

Hi All

Has anyone fitted the following to their TM glock 17?

Its the Guarder Enhanced Full Kit comes with a new aluminium slide, new lower frame, steel outer barrel, steel trigger bar, upgraded recoil spring and spring guide plus steel mag release. I cannot put the link to the kit as I cannot post about other airsoft site but its first name if fire and second support.

GD-PT-GLOCK-25BK.jpg

I got mine second hand and it has seen a fair bit of use so I am looking to upgrade it.

I know people will say that fitting a heavier slide will probably ruin the snappyness of the ABS tm slide. I am looking to give this gun a new lease of life but at the same time do not want to ruin what tm worked so hard on.

Thanks

Re: Tm Glock 17 Guarder upgrade kit

The frame is a good purchase as its a lot nicer finish and with proper trades. The slide you're probably going to regret for w couple more months, until it gets warmer.

If youl can, try and find a complete set of internals to go with that aluminium slide, and you can just swap them over on the day if it's not warm enough

Comment

Good idea 😁 do the think the stock internals will cycle the guarder kit OK?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

In the summer, with a lot of attention and time taken when installing, should be fine. I'd leave out the harder recoils Spring, and use the harder hammer Spring only. But I'm not 100% of how hard they are on the Glocks. The P226 ones they do are far too much.

As long as when you fire, the slide travels all the way forward without getting stuck, it'll be fine. A harder recoil Spring also makes it harder for the slide to travel backwards

Comment

I've owned two of the Guarder kits - some of their slides are the older monkey metal, whilst some of the newer ones are the 7075 aluminium and are incredibly light and strong - just be sure that you're not buying an older kit (if you find that you are then buy piecemeal as Guarder do all the parts in that kit by themselves too). You'll want to use some fine wet-and-dry paper on the contact edges to break them in a little quicker and bear in mind that it may still take as many as a few thousand rounds before it cycles as smoothly as it should. With decent gas and when it's broken in, you won't notice much a difference between the RoF of one with the Guarder slide and one without. My G18C still dumps a 25rd mag in about 1.5 seconds when on auto.

Other than that, you need the 150% recoil spring and 150% hammer spring that it comes with. Also consider filling in the front post void with epoxy as it'll add strength to that front screw post where most breaks occur (and won't make any permanent change to the rest of the gun at all - it's literally just a void left from the injection moulding process). Even with the brass insert on their newer frames this has been known to snap.

Use maybe Guarder Powerful as I've found that to work excellently in the colder months. Regular green gas is fine for the summer.

Best thread for this is on Airsoft Canada: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140496 - I think I'm allowed to link as they're not a retailer.

Comment

Great info there guys thank you

The one I actually want is one of those SAI slides where a red dot can be attached think they are called RMR?

They look great but can I find one, NO

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fish6634 Find out more about fish6634
            Working...
            X