WE Plastic Glock Mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Plastic Glock Mags

Has anyone used these? Do they perform better in the winter for you?

Re: WE Plastic Glock Mags

Yes, I had these for my TM G17. Fed well and held gas perfectly. I didn't notice they worked any better or worse than standard metal type magazines during the colder months. They performed just fine. The number one thing that impressed me about these magazines was of course the light weight.
    Last edited by Bada Bing; 23 March, 2016, 17:35.
    http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

Ah. Shame as I was hoping due to the plastic they'd be a little snappier in the winter. Previously I was put off but I recently had a go with a real Glock running plastic magazines and they didn't feel as bad as I thought they would

Comment

I hear a few praising them, no one told me any bad that I expected to hear about mags that sit around ungassed.

Comment

i think its a mis conception about plastic mags having less cool down than metal. the temperature inside the mag will be just as cold in plastic or metal mag after lots of firing. just that plastic is a better insulator than metal so when touched the outside of the mag won't feel as cold as a metal mag. equally a metal mag has s better chance of conducting heat to the inside of the mag than plastic which would keep the inside warmer and so have less cooldown.what do others think?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Comment

Aren't these just an alumiunium chamber with a plastic shell? I could imagine these holding a bit less gas and not really being much better for cooldown.
            - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
            Working...
            X