marui desert eagle alternative hop rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marui desert eagle alternative hop rubber

so id damaged my hop rubber on my desert eagle and rather than buy the specific marui one i managed to fit a maple leaf AEG monster hop and nub to it with a couple minor tweeks. it works VERY well to my surprise. was worried about seating with the loading nozzle but it does perfectly.

if anyone interested ill post up pics and a how to.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Re: marui desert eagle alternative hop rubber

I would be interested in this
    Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

cool i put something up in next day or 2

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok so pic below shows the Maple Leaf Monster Hop installed.. you would think it would cause feeding issues how it is but it doesnt suprisingly.

deagle_aeg_hop_1.jpg

Pics below shows size that the hop rubber needs to be cut down to. Basically cut it so is just in line with the groove in the barrell. I superglued the end of the hop rubber to the barrell by the grove for an airtight seal

deagle_aeg_hop_2.jpg
        deagle_aeg_hop_3.jpg

Pic below shows the Maple Leaf hop design sits nicely in the desert eagle barrell hop window.
        deagle_aeg_hop_4.jpg

Last pic shows the hop arm with the Maple leaf hop nub fitted. Would reccommend getting the nub as it is designed to match with the hop rubber, its hard to see but it has a large slightly curved contact patch that pushes down on the hop rubber.

deagle_aeg_hop_5.jpg

Comment

Awesome. I am doing this tonight, not sure why it never occurred to me before... Though superglue? Bit excessive some PTFE would have done the job and less permanent!

Comment

Cool glad peeps like it let me know how you get on!

Yeah superglue is a bit permanent but its not to bad to remove the rubber when you need to though it obviously destroys the hop rubber doing so - Id also no PTFE tape spare!.

Comment

Just ordered a Maple Leaf 60 degree to fit and strip my DE tonight I think! Needs a new piston head oring anyhow

Comment

Did you order the nub that goes with it too?? its a special maple leaf nub. Google it and theres a few places you can get them.. you really do need it to work with the AEG Hop rubber rather than the standard nub

- - - Updated - - -

Id actually get the Maple Leaf Omega nub as the one I had was solid rubber version and at minimum hop over hopped 0.3g bbs so I had to shave some off it. Should be able to see that in the pics. The Omega nub has a hollow bit (similar to the Marui Nub) so it might compress and save you the hassle of cutting a bit off.

Comment

Already got a few sitting at home from previous builds :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chaz_r33_gtr Find out more about chaz_r33_gtr
                  Working...
                  X