M1911 8 shots to empty a mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1911 8 shots to empty a mag

I've got a Bell 1911 I've got 4 different mags with no leaks, some KJW and some TM, I've been through them all and when I fill them and do a few test shots, I only manage to get 8 shots before the mag is empty :/ what could I do to help this be better?

Re: M1911 8 shots to empty a mag

Seriously, buy a better gun. M1911s have a tiny gas reservoir, although 8 shots seems poor even by M1911 standards.

Comment

Has it had a stronger hammer spring put in it?
      Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

They're my favorite type of pistol :/

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so to be honest,

Comment

I've stripped it and it seems perfectly fine internally,

Comment

try putting mag in the freezer for an hour. then fill with gas. you should get A LOT more liquefied gas in the mag. than let it warm up to room temp. if you don't get more than 8 shots then something wrong with the gas system somewhere

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Comment

It certainly sounds like the problem is with the gun itself. Something is causing the gas valve to stay open longer than usual which is why I asked about the hammer spring. Do you have a spare spring you could try?
              Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

I gave it a clean and tightened everything up, I don't have a spare spring and wouldn't really know what to get for it since its a bell and they do take tm parts but this gun is metal..

Comment

Sorry mate that's me out of ideas
                  Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Do you have a chrono so you can see what it's chronographing at,, and has the gun always only fired that many shots since you had it?
                    Some Guns In My Collection:
                    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
                    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

I don't have a chrono sorry and I bought it and only gave it a test fire, (second hand) I had a skirmish today so I thought I'd just give it a test and then here we are!

Comment

Try the mag thing first..it will narrow down your fault to the gun at least

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah tricky one this without having the gun in front of us to fault find.. As it's doing the same with all the different mags I would say the same as Paul could be either down to a hammer strike issue or something going on in the bbu, sorry we could not be of more help mate.
                          ATB Marc
                          Some Guns In My Collection:
                          Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
                          My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Stripped it, cleaned it and tightened the firing pin since it was kinda loose and it seems to hold everything quite nicely now!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Xaphor Find out more about Xaphor
                            Working...
                            X