KWA Glock 17 locking back early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA Glock 17 locking back early

My KWA Glock started to lock back early when there was still one BB left in the magazine about a week or so ago and it's become more frequent recently until today when it now always locks back with one BB left. I put the slide forward and it then fires the last BB okay and then locks back.

The only thing which I suppose might be causing the problem is that part of the feed ramp (which is plastic) broke off but this was after the problem started and the bit that broke off is close to the chamber not the magazine and so I wouldn't have thought that would case the problem?

I was going to replace the feed ramp but it costs £10 plus p+p and I've put it off so far since I don't think it's causing the problem. Also, I've shot more accurately than ever since it broke for some reason and it seems to have shifted the zero from slightly low and left to centre!

I have been reusing BBs in the Glock (I only realised a few days ago that this isn't a great idea), I'm not sure if that that could cause the problem but I'm only using it for target shooting with a towel as a backstop.

I have two magazines and the problem occurs with both and it happens no matter how many BBs I load or whether I've just filled it with gas.

Any ideas for sorting this?

Re: KWA Glock 17 locking back early

Bit weird its just started to happen but two options.. 1) the bit of the mag follower that engages the slide stop..file a very small amount off it like 0.5mm and see if that fixes it. If not file a bit more and repeat do this carefully if you go to far slide stop will never get engaged

2) take the slide stop out and file a bit off the bit that engages with the mag follower. Or may be see if it's got bent downwards which would cause the slide lock to engage earlier and carefully bend back or just file it a bit

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay, thank you, I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

Can't be the mag follower. If that's worn you'd have trouble with the slide locking back even on empty, let alone with a bb or two left.
        Strange fault though, and remote diagnosis can be difficult. Possible weak slide release spring, and it moves upward early.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deer243 Find out more about Deer243
        Working...
        X