KWA M11A1 gen 2 gas system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA M11A1 gen 2 gas system

Okay so yeah KWA I know have a reputation for not being accessible for spare parts but basically my m11 is having issues firing (at all) and I m 99% sure it's to do with my er.... Gas hammer thingy system lol the secondary hammer built into the lower receiver that decompresses the valve on the back of the mag. I think the spring as broken or something it basically doesn't have the power to fire the valve= pull trigger nothing happens. If anyone knows if that part can be fixed or if I need to take it to a retailer or buy a whole new lower receiver ooor yeah.

Honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if I had the gen 1 this hole time I have no idea anymore. I know the mags are different but... How? O e has larger feeding lips(?)

Sorry bit new to this why didn't I just stick to electric guns 😞 photos to come as soon as I get home and can photograph the darn thing.

Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: KWA M11A1 gen 2 gas system

I had this happen on mine too and it can be fixed. There's a small spring that keeps the mag valve knocker sprung downwards so it engages with the mag gas release valve properly. This is more than likely snapped. I fashioned one out of some wire and job done. If you search for the parts diagram or look in manual if you have it you will see what shape the spring should be. Note it's a pretty soft spring I made mine a little to strong initially and when i inser a mag the valve knocker doesn't spring back and needed to be pushed back with a finger and then the mag reinserted

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Comment

Ps gen 1st have a sprung metal loading nozzle which is prone to breaking. Gen 2 it's an all plastic loading nozzle

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Comment

This sounds exactly right haha just wish I was good with fiddly little springs, is is why I like Aeg's lol thanks man good idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jow97 Find out more about jow97
        Working...
        X