Tanaka K98K - Which gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka K98K - Which gas?

So just acquired a K98 from this site and I bought some Abbey 144a gas and had some Zero-one pro-gas lying around for other guns.

Rushed outside with the chrono (A Xcortech 3200) and the results are...Bizzare

144A on .2s 500fps
    144A on .36 500fps
    144A on .4s 500fps
    (Yes I did remember to change the weight setting on the chrono to take it into account...Or does this mean that my results are fine as it compensates to .2 weight?)

Either way...I then filled the mags with some Pro-gas to see how much this baby could squeeze out...

Exact same FPS as 144a...Is this normal? I thought 144A was basically modern 134 as it seems to be rarer for whatever reason and Pro-gas was basically Green?
    A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Re: Tanaka K98K - Which gas?

Does seem weird. Note i think the weight setting on the chronograph only affects the calculated energy in joules. Certainly the case on my mad bull. Fps measured is not affected by the weight setting.

Did you do a few shots on each bb weight as sometimes my mad bull chronograph only picks up the first shot and keeps displaying exactly the same Fps for the next few shots

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Tanaka K98K - Which gas?

I reset my chrono, set it to .2s but used .4s and it measured 400-415fps (Which would line up to around 550-570 on .2s which is accurate from what I have heard for this gun) So its way to hot! ...Anyone know any weaker gasses then Abbey 144A? (Would switching to those small 270ml Maintenance version lose that 70fps?)
      A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
      Working...
      X