GHK AK reliability mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHK AK reliability mods

Hi all just thought I'd discuss my GHK AK project.

When I first got it last year it worked perfectly for about half a game day, then all the feeding/jamming issues popped up, stuck it on the back burner and only now have I made an effort to get it working.

Just gonna give a few tips to all who are having issues with their own, although most of this information is already on the web.

Firstly I filed the feed lips slightly to help with bb's popping out of place when striked by the nozzle:

Some people file away even more, I've personally found this leads to jams inside the feed lips themselves and tends to cause more problems.

Next was the bucking/hop up chamber, as you can see the bottom lip is gone and the bottom of the bucking has been cut away to allow the bb to enter the chamber smoothly. Sorry for the upside down pic, was a bit hard to get at

Here's a better look at the chamber:

After these mods the guns works great, have only had one jam which was my own fault(loading 2 bb's into the chamber at once) only downside was a 15 fps loss but hey, at least it works! For anybody wondering the chamber used was the prowin CNC chamber, bucking is the maple leaf 70°.

As far as range and accuracy goes, I haven't had a chance to test past 70m but it shoots straight, get a few flyers here and there but that's down to the fact the bucking is brand new.

Hope this helps!

Re: GHK AK reliability mods

Another note, I have found the fg Airsoft recoil kit helps with bolt alignment due to the enlarged piston. Best used with the fg Airsoft summer spring.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Airsoft Joe Find out more about Airsoft Joe
    Working...
    X