Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE 1911 - Hammer not staying cocked.

Hi guys,

Got a bit of a problem with my WE M1911. Bought this gun off of one of the guys on here a few weeks ago, but was fiddling about with it, (pulling the triggers whilst letting the hammer go slowly with my hand, something stupid). Now, the hammer won't stay cocked, which means it's incredibly dangerous to fire.

I've tried looking at a manual online, but I just can't figure it out

Any help is appreciated.

Re: WE 1911 - Hammer not staying cocked.

zero do a good service, or take it to your site and they will help you
    Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
    men's genitalia... num num num
    sigpic

Comment

Hello mate I had the same kind of problem with my WE Baby Hi-Capa. I solved this by removing the pin from the bottom of the magwell, this meant I could remove a small piece of plastic at the back of the magwell below the grip safety. You should now be able to see a piece of metal hanging down from the hammer, if you cock the hammer back you will see it moving. When you put the piece of plastic back on make sure that piece of metal goes inside it and replace the pin, the hammer should lock back now. That's how I fixed my Hi-Capa which is a smaller 1911 varient. PM me if you need help
      Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Thanks for the help Barlow, I took the pin out, removed the piece of metal (not plastic :P) that it was holding in, and sure enough, there was the hanging bit of metal. I put it back into the recess on the bit of metal that the pin was holding in, and replaced the pin, but it hasn't fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by CammRobb View Post
          Thanks for the help Barlow, I took the pin out, removed the piece of metal (not plastic :P) that it was holding in, and sure enough, there was the hanging bit of metal. I put it back into the recess on the bit of metal that the pin was holding in, and replaced the pin, but it hasn't fixed it
          Try fiddling about with it for a while mate putting the metal into different positions if it's possible. If none of that works then I'd have to guess your hammer assembly is broken, in that case theirs not much you can do with the exception of buying a new one. Sorry I couldn't help more
          Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Hi mate, remove the spring housing at the bottom of the grip by the pin again. When you remove it, there should be like a black stick thing (that is part of the hammer), it sticks down the leaf spring by about a few mm. (leaf spring is the silver part.)

Then realign the black part with the housing, there is a gap for it. Keep tension on the hammer whilst doing this; also make sure to not have it on safety.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
              Hi mate, remove the spring housing at the bottom of the grip by the pin again. When you remove it, there should be like a black stick thing (that is part of the hammer), it sticks down the leaf spring by about a few mm. (leaf spring is the silver part.)

Then realign the black part with the housing, there is a gap for it. Keep tension on the hammer whilst doing this; also make sure to not have it on safety.
              Is the black stick thing go underneath the silver three-pronged thing?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply! - Anyway...

No, there should be one on top - Make sure the leaf spring is flat and almost in flush with the frame.

Looking around, found a guide.

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28703

About halfway down, there should be dissemble/assembly of the safety housing.

Although its not the WE 1911 (appears to be a TM) its similar to this construction in the safety housing.

Comment

Gave up, just gonna take it to my local.

Comment

It is a really easy fix. Remove the grips and look at the back of the mag well, you should see 3 metal prongs, give the middle one a push with a small screw driver and try cocking it. If it doesn't work just keep pushing on the middle prong and giving it a little jiggle. It will soon be sorted. It happens alot with the WE 1911.

Comment

So, is it just me or would that make it fully automatic as soon as you've cocked the first shot? if so, keep it like that and watch your enemies quake with fear

Comment

Yes it will fire full auto, but as a 1911 is only single action you have to cock it with your thumb first.

Comment

I had the same thing happen with my TM and it's a 2 min fix and really easy.
                          Step 1: Take off your slide
                          Step 2: Push out the pin at the bottom of the grip and remove the main spring housing. Push from the domed side.
                          Step 3: Rotate your safety (as if you are putting it on) as far as it will move and pull it out. You will need to make sure your hammer is in the cocked position to do this.
                          Step 4: Remove the grip safety.
                          Step 5: Check the three finger spring is set up like in this picture

Step 6: Replace your grip safety.
                          Step 7: Replace your frame safety. (remember the hammer has to be in the cocked position)
                          Step 8: Replace your main spring housing.
                          Step 9: Check your pistol works
                          Step 10: Shoot stuff.

Comment

One of our lads has got this problem, thanks for that Evansy I'll let them know!

[PS, Camm - can you add feedback for me please as you so eloquently ignored my message.]

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...highlight=1911

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CammRobb Find out more about CammRobb
                              Working...
                              X