Ghk m4 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghk m4 upgrades

I'm looking to increase the accuracy of my ghk 10.5" by going to a 12.5" with an inner barrel stabilizer.

Now I have been eyeballing the modify ss+al hybrid 6.03 in a 300mm length. It comes with a way to add orings securely to the inner barrel for a snug fit to the outer barrel.

The ghk is an aeg style and I will be doing mostly summer gaming but I plan on using the devilhunter mod for my mag's.

So with a cold gas I was thinking of using the g&g green bucking.
    Will this be an effective combo?
    Any ideas if this is not a good setup? I really don't want to do any ABC hop.
    Would a flat hop spacer or h spacer be usable or is that snake oil?

Re: Ghk m4 upgrades

Barrel length has next to no effect on accuracy - the quality of the barrel and hop is far more important (and - with GBBRs - the consistency of your power source). I'd look at PDI, or Prometheus if the budget can't stretch. They're reliable brands and PDI basically make the best money can buy right now (and have been for years).

A consistent hop also goes a long way towards improving accuracy, but ultimately you need to ensure you have a consistent power source - this is something that all GBBRs aren't that good at (especially if you go auto). Without that, your muzzle energy is going to be all over the place and so are your BBs as they get a different amount of backspin each time.

Flat hops are good with the right nub, and get 90% of the result of a decent R-hop so they're worth looking at certainly. I'm not familiar with the GHK M4's hop unit though, but my understanding is it's similar to the G&P/WA WOC AEG barrel adapted aftermarket hop units, which thankfully there are a number of guides on as well, so that may be somewhere to start if you can't find something GHK M4 specific (though given how long it's been about I think you're unlikely to find a lack of information on it).

Comment

Re: Ghk m4 upgrades

I was going for the inch longer barrel so I can use the inner barrel stabilizer.

I know of the fps change with gas guns but I never really noticed that with my we m4.

What aeg specific flat hop and nub would you suggest? I had experience with ra tech and maple leaf and I'm not a fan of their products.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sidneyious Find out more about Sidneyious
      Working...
      X