Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSC Glock 17 Metal Slide Problems

Hello.

So I got a KSC Glock 17 off a relative as it was kind of broken. I'm new to Airsoft myself and haven't ever taken a gun apart yet, but as some may no I really want to learn.

So basically This Glock used to be all plastic but the slide got replaced with a metal one as I think it was originally two-tone then had a bad paint job after lol.
    If I remember correctly the barrel spring got replaced to cope with the new metal slide (shop done this, sorry if this doesn't make sense or I'm making things up cuz I don't no what I'm talking about lol)

Long story short ish.... I don't no how but the side lock ended up needing two match sticks under it to hold it up while firing otherwise the slide would just fall off the end. How would I go about fixing this? is there anything I can replace or upgrade to fix this? I would like to take then gun apart to learn Assembly/Disassembly and adjust the HOP and that but don't want to as I don't what to stop the operation of the gun.

I can take a picture if nobody knows what I mean because I seriously don't no what I'm talking about. Just would really appreciate some help. Many Thanks

Mike

Re: KSC Glock 17 Metal Slide Problems

It sounds like the frame-lock (probably pot-metal) has worn and failed. That's the serrated pieces that appear on both sides of the frame opposite each other. Replace that (after checking it is actually the cause) and you should be good to go.

Comment

I'm Not sure how to upload photos but I will attempt it here.

https://goo.gl/photos/3cif5aw3ktY9xi979

If you can get on to that link it will show where the match sticks are holding the Side Lock up into place.
      What do I do, replace the side lock or was it something else? (sorry not really good with terminology yet)
      If so what do I have to look for to replace it?

Many thanks

Mike

*Edit*
      Bear in mind I have never opened a gun before so it may be simple... I just don't want to pull the sticks out and not be able to use it again.

Comment

There is a leaf spring underneath the bar that pushes it up and it's probably missing

- - - Updated - - -

It's T shaped part number 52 or 53, search Google for ksc glock diagrams and you will see it
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I couldn't even find a number 53 on the diagram lol. The diagrams are really good though thanks for showing me they exist haha.

I searched Google for the part and have no clue where to find parts for this gun. Do they exist? or is it going to be a buy another just to fix it? pointless if it is.

Comment

I bit the bullet and took the match sticks out and now i wish i didnt
            So when playing with the side lock i notice it doesnt fully go up right. The left hand side of it seems it gets caught or the spring underneath it maybe worn. I have no clue where to get parts so i would of thought to just put it bk with the match sticks in and use it like before....

Nope, i put the slide back on (didnt touch anything else) and now the slide doesnt cock in a matter of fact the slide doesnt cock or come off again unless in manually cock it with a screw driver. Anyone got any ideas? I totally messed it up.

Comment

Jesus. Most people have some level of problems trying to get their pistols working decently with all the right components, and you're sticking matchsticks in it. The reason your airsoft GBB pistol isn't cocking is because you've jammed matchsticks in it. Either find a replacement for the busted spring/frame-lock or bin it and buy a new one (preferably a Tokyo Marui, because you can actually get replacement after-market parts for that).

Note to all prospective buyers of GBB pistols (or any airsoft gun actually)...make sure the manufacturer provides an after-market service for spares. News-flash: most of them don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggi View Post
                Jesus. Most people have some level of problems trying to get their pistols working decently with all the right components, and you're sticking matchsticks in it. The reason your airsoft GBB pistol isn't cocking is because you've jammed matchsticks in it. Either find a replacement for the busted spring/frame-lock or bin it and buy a new one (preferably a Tokyo Marui, because you can actually get replacement after-market parts for that).

Note to all prospective buyers of GBB pistols (or any airsoft gun actually)...make sure the manufacturer provides an after-market service for spares. News-flash: most of them don't.

Lol, i took the matchsticks out. It was working perfectly fine when matchsticks were in there. I got told there is a set way to put the slide back on/Take slide off, so il have another go tomorrow putting slide on and sticks back in haha. If not then il bin cuz there isnt no parts for it out there. Trust me i looked.

Thanks again and hope i didnt anoy you to much.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggi View Post

they actually do i could name you two sites that sell almost all the parts separately and in stock. it is where i get all the bits to repair the 11 ksc glocks i have ... but they are part hungry often especially when lent out :/

as for the problem with the gun have you actually taken it apart yet because i can see the trigger pin is pushed out a little in the image.

when you take the slide off or when it next departs the frame please stop and take photos of inside the upper and lower and down the blowback unit nozzle in the breach the rea of the frame where the hammer is.

the semi auto is a extremely simple machine if you take the time to sit and look at it and have a clear workspace and a strong magnet

if ya want i can tank this top pm or a web chat and help you sort it out seriously it's easy except for the tiny springs habit of flying off springs.

----
                  meddy

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MikeMarsha11 Find out more about MikeMarsha11
                  Working...
                  X