tm 1911a1 muzzle removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm 1911a1 muzzle removal?

hi guys just found that the muzzle rubber of my 1911a1 is worn out. just what to know if anybody knows how to strip them down so i can change the whole lot? thank you

Re: tm 1911a1 muzzle removal?

I assume you mean the hop rubber...

First, remove the magazine, and pull the slide back. Almost held back as far as when in slide lock, you should be able to push the slide stop out (push from the opposite side of the frame, and the part that holds it in fits though the second rounded gap in the slide. With the slide stop out, you can push the slide forward, and off. Remove the recoil spring from the slide. Push the spring guide from the chamber end towards the front of the slide. Remove the part from the front of the barrel by pulling out the tube that the spring went into (chances are it may come out with the spring, as its tight fitting). Twist the very front of the slide and pull (where the barrel comes through). This leaves a hole to pull the barrel through. Do this by simply pulling it along the line the barrel would travel as the slide goes backwards.

The outer barrel is removed by bending it past the chamber so that it can slide off forwards. The chamber itself *should* if memory serves me be a two part affair, held together with a small phillips head screw.

Reassembly is that in reverse. The piece of metal that pushes into the hop rubber can be a bit fiddly sometime when you screw the chamber back together. Make sure the hop wheel (also sometimes fiddly) is turned right down to make it easier.

That, should be that. If you really need it, and cant find anywhere on t'internet, I'll take some photos of mine as examples.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mr.t77 Find out more about mr.t77
    Working...
    X