X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Scar BB's stuck in barrel/BB Choppinh

Hay guys,

as the title says really.

i got my NPAS for the scar today, started work on it at 11 and i've only just finished setting the fps which currently set for an average of 347-359. now that was a pain in the @!$£ i can tell you.

anyway, yeah BB's are getting jammed in the barrel and sometimes getting chopped up meaning i have to take the gun apart and use a clearing rod. now i know these GBB's are supposed to be well lubed to unfortunately i dont posses the grease to do that at the moment. i ran out when i first got the scar as it was bone dry when i got it, and i've ordered sum'ore today which should be here for thursday but for now it is relatively dry, does anyone know or any other reason why BB chopping or jamming would happen?

my only other reasoning would be the Hop-up but i cant for the life of me find any info at all about it. no matter what i google, i thought all airsoft weapons had a hop-up system but i cant find any information about it at all.
    you can get an upgrade in the form of a 'stinger' hop system which i have ordered but as for the default i cant find a single tid-bit of information about it.

if anyone has any knowledge that can help rectify this issue or help in anyway please share it. its driving me mad, i'de love to get through more than half a mag before having to take the gun apart.

cheers in advance all.
    - Chris.

Re: WE Scar BB's stuck in barrel/BB Choppinh

you got msn mate? this could be long lol
    Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

been instructed to where the hop is, however now the BB's are just fallin out the barrel. i've loosened the hop (all the way in) but all the happends is the BB's just roll out of the barrel after its been fired and i point the gun down

any suggestions?

Comment

I had the same problem when I had my WE m4,the bb just jumping out when I point the barrel on the floor. I just sold it )

Comment

any advice anyone? i've norrowed it down to what i think is the seal between the hop unit and cylinder. not idea what can be done about it though.

Comment

can anyone help or direct me to some help? thing is really irritating!

Comment

i've now given it a really good grease and silicon spray, but the BB's are still getting lodged, and now on top of that after about six shots the mag just vents down the barrel. please help guys!

Comment

I had the problem of the BBs getting stuck even after fitting the RA-Tech Hop parts, turned out to be part 117, plastic BB chamber dry and stopping BBs going into barrel, could be reason why you are also experiencing chopping. Little silicon spray on that part and BBs went through again. \Do you know where to get spare parts? If not email me .
                Dave

Comment

I have the same problem with my KA sr-16 e3 carbine. The problem have to be the hop up. Have you tried to used silikon spray in the hop up? If it dont work, i think i would buy a new hop up. If it dont work after that, i would complain to the company you bought it from. If they dont help and you dont have a clew how you can fix it, sell it. i dont know anything else that can help.
                  If you use bio bbs it can be a reason, or just cheap bbs..

Comment

your mag venting is most likely due to the valve getting stuck after the hammer hits it. If you can, take the valve out and leave it in some silicone oil for a couple hours which will sort the getting stuck issue out as well as make the o-rings nice and supple. Quick fix is to empty the mag, silicone spray the valve and depress it a couple of times with your finger to loosen it up.

I haven't seen the chopping problem you mentioned but I did have the bb roling out the barrel issue. For me the problem was part 117. That rubber detent that fits the barrel between the hopup and loading nozzle. Mine wasn't gripping the bb enough after each shot so basically the nozzle would load it straight past the hopup. I took it out and put a thin layer of bath silicone on the inside of part 117. Now with the extra grip my WE M4 shoots like a charm

As for the chopping, is it just the npas kit or did your original assembly do the same?

Comment

Sorry for troll replys
                      Please pm me if you can help

Here goes

Got a second hand we m4

The gun has an ra tech npas installed

the gun fires

But the bbs just stop in the hop chamber

Can some one guide me how to remove the barrel and hop unit from the cqb version

Do I need a armourers wrench

Comment

The armourers wrench does make life so mauch easier but the barrel basically comes out identically to the real deal .

What ammo are you using ?

Comment

I saw a video a while ago that might be relevant to the problems a couple of you are having.
                          It wasnt WE but i also for the life of me cant remember what make it was all i can remember was that it was an M4, basicaly the guy had over oiled the thing and swowlen the hop (pretty much what we do to repair mag seals) and as such the first BB loaded and "fired" wouldnt go down the barrel, however as the blowback then loaded the 2nd BB that then slammed into the first 1) pushing it down the barrel and 2) on the odd ocasion splitting one or both BBs in half.
                          A change of hop rubber cured his problem.

Comment

WE closed bolt rifles also had a small rubber just before the hop (breach end) to hold the round before firing , this could be split as that happened after a jam in my M16 as shit ammo caused a rip in this rubber and I had to replace it (£3)

Comment

im using .25s from bb-king ( feed flawless in my we scar )

and they just get stuck in the hop unit mouth

and would i need to replace the hop rubber or unit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X