X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACM M500 Gas Power issue

Hey guys/gals

im moer of an electric tech rather than gas, so seeking some kind help

got this 2nd hand a while ago off these forums with a gas leak, recently decided to strip it and rebuild build it and have since fixed the leak.

But the problem im having and not sure if this is right for gas shot guns, is im getting a range of about 10-15 metres.

is there away i can increase the power to increase my range/power a bit more?

im using green gas with it atm, which is what seems to be recomended, but any help would be much appreciated
    sigpic

Re: ACM M500 Gas Power issue

my mate has this exact same issue do these things have hop?

Comment

nah they dont sadly.

the thing im thinking is to increase the gas flow like you would do with a pistol but unsure how id do this with this as im more of an m4 kinda tech lol

i did think possibly modding a tb barrel to go in tehre which would help with accuracy and a lil bit of range but, would need to sort teh power issue 1st
      sigpic

Comment

but the thing is my mates is pants but if you fire it upside down they fly for miles, thats why i think it has hop :/

Comment

nope defo no hop unit in them, got it in peices to double check lol
          sigpic

Comment

Mine's got a leak at the moment (as I damaged a seal while sorting out a minor leak - typical!), but when it was working it was hitting 300fps and reaching 30+ meters with a decent level of accuracy.

It sounds to me like you've got an air seal issue between the gas unit and the inner barrel.
            sigpic

Comment

ive just put an o'ring in on the outside of the barrel, where the gas block meets it, hopefully this will solve the issue (did this just before reading ur reply)

what weight ammo are/was u using in urs? ive heard .25's work best with these?
              sigpic

Comment

Depends on what I have in my bag, but most of the time I'm using 0.25s now. In woodland, switch to something heavier and these guns are amazing for getting shots through the undergrowth as the 5 BBs go down an almost perfect line in a very tight group.
                sigpic

Comment

kool

would u say its worth fitting a tb barrel to get better groupings/accuracy in this or just leave the standard one in there?

all tho its not gonna be worth it unless i can fix the power issue atm, as if they just drop at 15m ill only use it for cqb
                  sigpic

Comment

Not worth it in my book. I can put all 5 into a man sized target at about 20m and beyond that there's a little bit of spread, but not too much.

These guns aren't like the TM-style 3 barrel shotties which get a buckshot type of spread after a few meters, they're more like shooting a shotty that's loaded with slug rounds. Lots of impact in a small area, but over a shorter range than an AEG. In my book, they're the perfect CQB weapon, especially if you fit a folding stock.
                    sigpic

Comment

using a wooden dowel carefully tap the inner barrel back towards the gun, this solved my range problem
                      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Identiti Proud Father Find out more about Identiti
                      Working...
                      X