WE hi capa 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE hi capa 3.8

hey, just took delivery of one of these, and love it to bits!
    problem is, the previous owner had given it abit of a beating, and i need to know three things:
    A) how to remove the INNER barrel, as i can do the outter (has a 5.1 barrel in it at the moment)
    B)How to put on a different rear and front sight (i want a luminous one)
    C) What gas?
    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Re: WE hi capa 3.8

Originally posted by Raguri View Post
    hey, just took delivery of one of these, and love it to bits!
    problem is, the previous owner had given it abit of a beating, and i need to know three things:

A) how to remove the INNER barrel, as i can do the outter (has a 5.1 barrel in it at the moment) Remove the outer barrel from the slide, then there should be a Philips cross screw, remove that - behind it, there will be a sort of black plastic part to hold it in place.

Make sure you put it back the way you did before you did, otherwise the inner and outer barrel won't seat right when you put the pistol back together.

B)How to put on a different rear and front sight (i want a luminous one)

As far as I know, the front sight of my 5.1 seems to be casted onto the slide. You can remove the rear one by the screw on top, disassemble the blow back chamber and it should come out.

C) What gas?

WE slides are quite heavy, so you're going to need to use Green/ultra gas, there are C02 magazines if you look around. - They take bulbs, so they're better in the winter.
    That should do. - Ask me if you need anymore help.

Comment

And another question.
      want to update the recoil and hammer springs to 150%, yet i can only find the 4.3 tm versions or the 5.1... If i put a 4.3 recoil spring in, without clipping it, what exactly would happen?
      "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Why?

Yeah that's right. I'm going socratic method on your ass!
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Why!? :O
          Questioning my methods!?
          Well, the slides not running back as quickly as i would like (may have just used to much lube so will take some off when i get home!), and i feel their is more power to get out of it! (it only runs around 240fps... planning to try to get it up to around 300 for under £25/30).
          already running a 5.1 outter barrel and tight bore...

Edit: Plus the cycle speed is not as high as i would like... double tapping with it is a no-no at the moment!

Comment

What do you think you'll get from a bigger hammer and return spring? Most gas guns are set up very well strait out the factory. They run in a fine balance. Adding a hammer spring and a return spring, will likely slow the slide down so much in it's travel, because of the increased resistence to overcome the return spring, and to recock the hammer, that you'll end up with feeding problems, or a gun that just fires one shot and vents all the gas strait away.

You need to keep the hammer spring just strong enough to avoid light striking, and the return spring as week as you can, while still giving enough power to reliably chamber a BB. TM have got the balance down with most of their pistols. WE haven't unfortunately. But upgrading the springs will not make things better. Far from it. Heavier springs useually make things worse.
            sigpic

Comment

fair enough, but i now have a more urgent problem.
              while messing about with it, i took the allen bolts out of the grip withot thinking about where they went/what they did. To m suprise, the gun split into two, ****.
              I put it back together by reversing what i did to take it apart, all i did was take the pistol grip screws out... now it doesnt cock, and no matter what i try, it still refuses!

Comment

UPDATE FOR HELP: I need help still, hammer is still not locking into place... I just turned the gun upside down, a a small brass/copper thing came out... its a cyclinder, with one end fatter than the other (That is all i know, i know nothing about gbb's as this is my first!).
                Any help will be appreciated as i beleive this is the cause of the problem! i have checked the sears, trigger etc, and all seem fine!

Comment

Got a parts diagram? I'm not overly familiar with the WE 3.8, but it sounds much like one of the parts from the trigger mech in a 1911. I assume it's pretty much the same base.

Edit: Does it have a divot in the fat end? Sounds like it might be a part from the MSH.
                  sigpic

Comment

it is the same base i think, as the hi capa series are based on the internals of the 1911, i know for certain that all of the parts are interchangable from tm to we.

Comment

Not sure if you missed my edit there. Also, your description was kinda rough, does it taper, or does it have 2 solid stages of thickness. If the later take off the MSH, and see if it fits in there. Sounds like the part that holds in the spring cap in place.

And in responce to your above post, the WE 1911 and high capa are both based on the TM high capa, the TM 1911 is not based on the TM high capa. Parts are somewhat interchangeable.
                      sigpic

Comment

found what it was, it was the pin for the hammer spring

Edit: yet original problem with the hammer continues!

Comment

Like I said... I'm guessing you didn't understand MSH then, or my vague description of what it does. Does the gun work now then?
                          sigpic

Comment

ha, just realised what it meant... as i said, im new to gbb's. And nope, hammer is still not locking back! Checked the sears, and everything is lined up properly.
                            Edit: CLOSE! just found a walkthrough online!
                            Thanks for all the help
                            Last edited by Raguri; 20 June, 2010, 22:15.

Comment

I've not got one to hand, and can't remember exactly how high capas work, but it may be something to do with the leaf spring being ill positioned. It's got to be holding the sears in the right directions, if you see what I mean. It shoudln't be tough to figure out where it's meant to be. Take off the MSH, and the leaf spring will fall out. Check for sights of wear around the sears that stick down, and make sure the spring is pushing on that side of the sears. Reinstall.

Because you've already had the MSH off to put that last part back though, you might have checked that already. So if that doesn't work, or you've tried everything there, can you check under the slide. By the hammer, there should be 2 parts that stick up, and are operated as the slide goes back. The one on the left will release the valve knocker, and the one on the right will allow the hammer to be reset. You might be missing the part on the right, or it might be jammed, or not being pushed by the leaf spring as mentioned above.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raguri 5 years off, now looking at finally dusting off the ol' girl and getting some games in. Find out more about Raguri
                              Working...
                              X