Green Gas not working in TM Glock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Gas not working in TM Glock

Hello, earlier today I picked up a can of Z1's Green Gas for use in my TM Glock 26 Advance that has a metal slide. The magazine seems to take in a sufficient ammount of gas, but when I shoot, the slide only moves back 2/3 cm, and very slowly. It works fine with 134a and Abbey ultra, but why wouldn't green gas work? It seems to smell different from the usual green gas, so could I somehow have some faulty gas? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Green Gas not working in TM Glock

Green gas should be more powerful.

Noddy question, but are you sure it is coming out of the can properly?

Otherwise, it does sound like a lemon of a can.
    Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

It seems like its coming out propperly. Its just really wierd how strong the smell is, as compard to the normal not-so-nice smelling propane...ey smell.

Comment

Because a can of gas is exactly the kind of thing, where you wouldn't notice if it was broken...

I suspect this is what people often refer to as "light striking". Try firing off a few shots. As many as you can be bothered to. Over time, does it pick up power? If so, then the problem is the gas is at too high a pressure to let the valve open - with your current hammer spring. IF this is the case, get a new hammer spring. Don't just drop a new hammer spring in because, "bigger must be better". They add resistence to the movement of the slide, and cause extra gas consumption, and reduce reliabilty. Try to keep to the weekest hammer spring you can, without getting "light striking" problems. I'd also advise caution upon opening of that Glocks hammer section. It can be fiddly.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Because a can of gas is exactly the kind of thing, where you wouldn't notice if it was broken...

I suspect this is what people often refer to as "light striking". Try firing off a few shots. As many as you can be bothered to. Over time, does it pick up power? If so, then the problem is the gas is at too high a pressure to let the valve open - with your current hammer spring. IF this is the case, get a new hammer spring. Don't just drop a new hammer spring in because, "bigger must be better". They add resistence to the movement of the slide, and cause extra gas consumption, and reduce reliabilty. Try to keep to the weekest hammer spring you can, without getting "light striking" problems. I'd also advise caution upon opening of that Glocks hammer section. It can be fiddly.
          Alright, thanks. I was going to buy some Guarder uprated springs, but maybe I'll just stick to Abbey Ultra, if it will give the gun a longer life.

Comment

For what it is worth, propane is running through my Glock 17 with no problems, so I doubt it is the spring...
            Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

A Glock 26A and a Glock 17 are totally different beasts. But hey, if you know better than me, please continue. What do you think could be the cause?

Just to get this out of the way, and so there's no uncertainty. I do think I'm better than you.
              sigpic

Comment

haha, that made me chuckle.

Dope I gather you have a lot of experience but I used to run my old 26A on green gas until the slide went kaput. Granted the blow back wasnt as nice as I hoped and a new spring did fix it so in theory your right, but it still blew back just not as good.

How are the 26A and the 17 different just out of interest? Cant remember from when I had mine compared to my current 17, but I wouldve thought the mechanisms inside were the same almost.

Comment

They're very similar. The principals are exactly the same, and I've not got a G26 anymore to compare but I do have a distinct memory of the valve knocker not hitting as far as the hi capa varients. Mostly in this case, it would be the hammer spring would be slightly less powerful. I'd noticed my TM 26 worked better on Abby Ultra than propane based gasses. Unfortunately this was before I knew anything about why. Stuck in a big hammer spring, and it made it worse. I had to put in a big return spring too unfortunately, because the KJ slide caused more resistence than the original plastic slide, and the gun never really worked how I'd have liked it. I ended up selling it, such is life. Knowing now what I didn't then, if I was to get another Glock 26 I'd buy a TM and run it stock. I own a TM 17, it has had a 6.03 barrel put in it, and that's because my mate lost the original barrel. Other than that, totally stock.

I know it's boring of me to have a gun that's made of plastic and isn't gold plated and didn't cost me £500. It works though. And when you've messed about as much as I have, you gain repect for plastic, and for TM. They put their guns together terribly well, and if you start messing about with them, you've got to do it properly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Fair points, am in the same boat as you in regards to running glocks stock. The performance is second to none in my opinion and I really dont justify getting anything new for it until I have any problems. Ive been running propane on it for a few months now and had no problems so far, fingers crossed I wont for a while. When the time comes for it to crumble and crack I will get a metal slide for it simply to prevent it happening again.

Comment

I've got a We Baby Hi-Capa 3.8 and it has a fairly chunky metal slide and the Zero-One gas isn't that good with it tbh, the slide doesn't really move that much and it gets nowhere near a full mag. I've tried kick ass gas in this gun and it kicks like a beast.
                      Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Yeah my Hicapa 5.1 didnt work too well with the Z1 stuff... had to change to kickass/HFC super green instead.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                        Working...
                        X